Chapter 21

Bucky could hearing Willow talking to herself in the kitchen, Steve had just left, so he was sitting alone in the living room. By now Bucky had been living with Willow for a few weeks, and so he was used to her talking to herself. Sometimes Willow would argue with herself, and not even realize Bucky was in the room. Today's conversation Willow was having with herself was about Pizza. "You burned it you idiot, I told you to put it in some foil. No foil would have made it really spongey." It had stopped being weird to Bucky after the first week.

  "Hey Buck, we're going to need to run into the village later. I'm running out of food. You eat like a horse," Willow called out to him from the kitchen. "And don't worry, I can fog everyone's minds so they won't recognize you."

 "Alright."

 Willow wheeled in with the pizza, which, was actually not burned at all.  "Eat this, there's clothes in the drawer in you room. I suggest you wear something warm."

Bucky sat in silence for a while, just eating the slice of pizza that Willow had handed to him. He could hear her cursing in the next room, which, once again, was something that happened quite often. Walking into his room, Bucky pulled open the drawer. He grabbed a black sweatshirt and a blue hat, getting dressed as quickly as possible, he found Willow waiting for him in the living room.

 She looked impatient, "You ready to go?"

"Yeah."

  Once outside, Bucky started to climb into the driver's seat of Willow's truck. But she put out a hand and the door swung closer, "I don't think so. I'm driving."

 "How on earth are you going to drive?"

"Oh ye of little faith," Willow muttered as she slid out a ramp and was was lifted into the truck. Bucky walked around the truck and climbed into the passenger side. Willow was sitting in the front seat, she gunned the engine, and the truck took off down the winding road. 

"Willow, how are you driving?"

"Cruise Control My friend."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  They'd been driving for about an hour when Bucky saw someone walking on the side of the road, "Hey, Willow, is that Lulu?"

 Willow slammed on the brakes, though Bucky had no idea how. Then she rolled down her window leaning out she shouted, "Lulu why are you hitch hiking?"

"Because my car broke down, and I'm trying to get to market to buy beer," Lulu shouted back shielding her eyes against the white midday sun.

 Willow pressed a button on the truck's console and one of the back doors popped open, "Then get in loser, we're going earth conquering."