Chapter 14

Willow noticed that Steve was walking with a limp, "Steve, is your leg Okay?"

  Steve shrugged, "It's fine."

"No, seriously. Did you break a hip grandpa?"

  "No, a truck landed on my leg. It's fine, it was broken but it's fine now."

"Really? 'Cause it sounds to me like you could use life alert," Willow said. Watching in satisfaction as Steve scowled at her. "My name is Steve Rogers, I am a 95 year old combat veteran. I was working with the Avengers, when suddenly, I fell. I couldn't get up, and no one was around to hear my cries for help. That's when I knew I needed life alert." 

  Steve rolled his eyes at Willow, "If you weren't in a wheelchair, I'd probably get angry."

"Woah, bro, don't hate on the disability," Willow laughed. 

  "I'll come to visit you and Bucky again soon, maybe next week. Keep me updated on his condition," Steve said, heading for the door. 

  "Steve, come back soon. Bucky needs to see your face."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Almost ten minutes after Steve had left, Bucky stumbled into the room. "Willow?"

"Hey big guy, how're you feeling?"

"Better, thanks."

 Willow handed Bucky a mug of tea, she thought it best not to caffeinate the super soldier. He took it gratefully and sat down at the table across from her, staring down into the mug. "Last night, what did you do to me?"

 A stab of panic ran through Willow, she had known that Bucky might not take kindly to someone being inside his mind, especially after what he'd been through. "I pulled a happy memory to the front of your mind, you were suffering, and I wanted to help you. I'm sorry, I won't be in your mind again. Not unless you want to me try and repair more damage that has been done to your mind."

  Before she could go one Bucky interrupted her, "Thank you. For the memory. I loved it, if you can help me remember more things like that, then you have my permission to get in my head."

 Willow spoke before she could change his mind, "Do you want me to start now?"

  Bucky nodded, Willow wheeled her chair over to Bucky. "Give me your hands," Willow laughed, "Sorry, I know it seems a little weird but it'll make it easier for me."

   Willow grabbed both of Bucky's hands, though Bucky seemed uncomfortable with her touching his metal hand. "You need to calm your mind, otherwise this is really going to suck." With that Willow's eyes glowed and she entered Bucky's mind.

  Sifting through the mess of memories was a challenge, Willow tried to skip past memories of Bucky's time in hydra. She could see him begging for death, whatever Willow saw Bucky saw as well, so she tried to steer past those memories. But in order to get to the happy memories, Willow had go through the horrible memories. Memories that sent shivers of horror up her spine, Bucky in a cage, like an animal. Chained to a wall, his mask like a muzzle. Willow felt Bucky's grip tighten, his metal hand threatening to break her fingers. Finally Willow found the memories she was looking for; Steve and Bucky laughing. Bucky dancing with some girls at a bar, Steve getting beaten up in an alley. Bucky on the night before he left to go to war, joking with Steve. 

 Willow's eyes returned to their usual green color as she retreated back into her own mind. She looked over at Bucky, he was smiling. He squeezed her hands with his good hand, "Thank you." 

  Willow smiled, "Your Very Welcome."

 Bucky started to head back to his room, but he stopped, "Willow, did you see the same things I did?"

"Yes, every memory you saw, so did I. But don't worry, I won't tell anyone what I saw."

"I-I'm sorry that you had to see those."

"It's alright Bucky, I know that you were being controlled. And believe me, I've seen worse. Now get some rest, going through memories like that is hard on your brain."