Chapter 25

*I feel like the song above is Bucky and Willow's song. Please take a minute to listen to it.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Bucky and Willow had hugged for a solid minute, Willow could tell it had been years since someone had really hugged Bucky. Smiling to herself Willow remembered what Lulu had said, 'Willow, sometimes you just need a hug.' Willow was pulled out of her thoughts as she burnt her finger on the stove. Again. 

 Finally she pulled the chicken pot pie from the oven, wincing as the heat went right through her oven mitt. Willow had decided Bucky needed to see some more Disney movies. So she had decided to show him her favorite, one that Steve had also enjoyed. Mulan. Steve had said Mulan reminded him of Peggy Carter, and Willow wondered if Bucky would make the same connection. 

  Balancing two plates in one hand, and propelling her wheelchair with the other, Willow entered the living room. "I have brought pot pie!"

 Smiling, Bucky grabbed a plate and began to eat. They sat through the opening music of Mulan, before Bucky spoke, "This is amazing."

"The food or the movie?"

"Both"

"Well, I am glad to accept credit for introducing you to the movie. However, I can't take credit for the pie. Though pouring the canned mixture into the dough required tremendous effort," Willow said.

 Hesitantly, Bucky put his good arm around Willow's shoulders, as though worried she was going to hit him. They sat like that for the entire movie, and yes, Bucky said that Mulan reminded him of Peggy Carter. 

  After the movie was over they sat in silence, "Will I ever be like I was before? Like the Bucky Steve remembers?"

 "Honestly, Buck, I don't know. It'll take time, but I am going to everything in my power. But you'll never be the same, you'll have all of Bucky's memories, but you'll still remember your time with HYDRA and KGB. That has changed you forever."

"Thank you Willow."

"Bucky, don't put so much pressure on yourself to remember everything at once. I know I didn't know 'Old Bucky', but I know this one. And he's my friend, and whether or not I'm able to fix all your memories, you'll still be my friend. Steve's friend too."

  "Thank you Willow," Bucky squeezed her shoulder.

 Not wanting the moment to continue being so serious, Willow spread her hands wide, announcing, "A ghost story. A legend. A man with a metal arm. A master assassin, what's his name?" She dropped her voice an octave lower, and then said in mock horror, "Bucky."

 Bucky threw back his head and laughed, "Stop Willow! Hahahah!"

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Though Bucky would never tell anyone, being with Willow made him feel safe. He loved the way she laughed, the way she could make a joke out of anything. Bucky felt he could be himself with her, not James Barnes, not The Winter Soldier, but Bucky. Just Bucky. Something about Willow had brought an element of calm and laughter into Bucky's life, and he knew he wouldn't trade it for anything.