Chapter One

Hey everyone

Hey everyone.

I wake to my dad shaking my arm. "Hey were at a rest stop" I look at the clock. 2:00pm it reads. "Dad how long have we been driving?" I asked kinda surprised. "Roughly 7 hours."

I groan turning over in my seat. I feel another push on my arm "Come on Ava. They have a free lemonade stand." I perk up at the mention of something that could take this scratchy, dry feeling out of my throat.

Opening the door I step out stretching, making a sound very close sounding to a baby dinosaur. We walk side by side to the restrooms, which have lines that look like they go on for miles. 'Fuck that' I think to myself. I start to walk over to the lemonade stand. Holy shit. Standing there before me might be the cutest boy I've ever seen.

He has dark brown eyes, dark brown hair back/up, a muscular build, and the cutest freckles.I walk over with my head down, biting my lip. "Hey beautiful can I get you a lemonade?" He asks looking at me with a smirk on his face.

A blush surfaces while I try to get the words out.

"y-y-yes please." His smirk still stands as he looks me up and down. He gets a cup and pours me a good amount, his muscles flexing as he does. I take it from his hands which he has outstretched for me." I'm Kristan." He announces as I take a sip. This is pretty good. "Ava." We stand in a silence that isn't awkward, but isn't comfortable either.

I rock on my toes looking around for my dad. " So where you heading too, Ava?"

I turn to look at him. "Oh me and my dad are going to Oregon. A little town called woodstone, I think." Uncertainty in my voice. "Have you heard of it?" I ask suddenly interested in his anwser.

"Uh yeah iv'e been there" He says rubbing the back of his neck, not quite looking me in the eye. "It's uh- it's a nice town." I look at him questioningly. He makes sure that he looks everywhere but at me. "Well it was nice meeting you Ava. But I gotta go check in. See ya later." He walks towards the other side of the grass.

Shrugging I walk towards the bathroom, really having to pee now.
Seems like the line has gotten shorter to. Chugging the rest of my lemonade and throwing it away I stand behind what seems to be the last woman in line, well besides me.

As the last two women walk out together talking, I walk in behind the lady infront of me and take the stall to the far left next to the door. I finish my business and walk out of the stall. Washing my hands I catch a glance of myself in the blurry mirror. Damn. I look like chewbacca. My hair is a mess and I look like I just rolled out of bed.

Thats probably why Kristan was acting all weird. I sigh. Its to late now. Trying to atleast look half way decent, I splash some water on my face and try to smooth down my hair. Key word. Try.

As I turn around I feel a tap on my leg, I look down to see an adorable little girl. "Can you help me find my mommy?" She asks with tears in her forest green eyes.

I nod my head, smiling gently. We walk hand and hand out of the bathroom on the quest for her mother.

A few minutes later after asking around we finally find her mother. " Oh kathy, sweetie, oh my goodness, where on god's green earth were you? Iv'e been looking for you everywhere." She turns to me. " Oh thank you, thank you so much." She thnaks me bringing me into a mama bear hug.

"Oh it's just fine, im just glad we found you." I say with a smile. She smiles back. Walking away scolding her daughter, I watch with a sad smile on my face. I turn around to see Kristan watching me with a small smile. I blush and walk back towards our car to find my dad all ready to go.

He looks up from his phone and smiles. " You ready to go kiddo?"

"Yeah" I hop in. He looks at me with a face I dont quite understand. "I saw you talking to that boy, at the lemonade stand." I look down at my hands. "Yeah." I say chewing on my lip. I do it when im nervous. "What were you talking about?" He looks over at me starting the car. I groan. "Ugh, nothing dad." I look out the window avoiding his gaze. Digging in my purse I pull out some snacks and my I-pod. I put my buds in and scroll thru my list. Putting on the song Stay by Rihanna I pop open my chips. Its gonna be a long ride. Might as well get comfortable.

I scroll thru all of my social media, looking at funny stuff, staying updated with the latest trends.

I doze off around 4 o'clock and wake up hours later. Its 9:00pm and I can hardly see the Welcome to Woodstone sign in the darkness. Out of no where I hear howls. Almost like wolves. I look out the window to see a full moon. Oh hell to the nah, nobody told me there were wolves here.

I squeeze the seat handle while looking out of the window. I don't see anything so I calm down. I turn to see my dad can barely keep his eyes open.

About 15 minutes later we pull up to a homey looking brown and white wood house. It actually looks really pretty. To be honest I was expecting some old looking shack. It has a small white fence around it and lush green forest in the back.

We get out to tired to start unpacking. Dad unlocks the door to reveal a very homey looking place. Most of our furniture is already here, like our couch and our dining room table and chairs. I turn to see my piano in a corner next to a window. With a smile gracing my face I head straight for upstairs and into the first room I see. I plop down on the floor my special pillow and blanket in hand, and am swept into the darkness that only sometimes comes to me as truce.

Alright so I know it needs some work but I hope you guys like it anyways. Please comment what you think. Thank you.