Chapter Eleven

Enjoy the chapter!!

Sitting on my bed I stare off into nothingness. I've always felt depressed after my nightmares, but this, this was something new. Something that made me feel hollow, something that made me feel like I was being held down by every weight in the world. I hate getting flashbacks from things I don't want to remember.

I quickly wiped the tears from off my face. Silent tears hold the loudest pain.

Dad walked over to the ringing house phone with one of my mothers famous cupcakes in hand. "Hello?" "Wait, wait, she's what? Ok, yes I'll be there soon. Thank you." I stared at my daddy curiously. He was running up the stairs and down the stairs.

"Whats wrong daddy?" I asked suddenly feeling nervous. " I can't explain right now baby girl but daddy needs you to go and get dresses." "But da- Now Ava" He cut me off pulling at his hair. I run upstairs to put on my favorite green jumper with flowers on it. He quickly ushers me outside and into the car.

He pushes on the gas, bobbing and weaving through cars . We pull up to a big building that says St Gabriel's Hospital. As we rush inside I see people bloody and on rolling beds. My face contorts into something mortified. What happened to them?

"Daddy, daddy." I tug on his sleeve. He doesn't look down at me but keeps run/ walking until we reach the front desk. I hear him ask for mommy. Why would mommy be here?
I watch as more people are rolled in with people crowded around them.

All of a sudden I feel myself being dragged along to a place unknown. We get into a elevator, daddy rapidly pressing the button number 8. When it opens we're rushing out down a hall buzzing with people.

Daddy gently turn the door knob of room 103. Slowly opening the door a woman lays there. She's pale and her chest barley rises. Daddy starts to cry. Why is he crying? We walk closer to the women still hand in hand. She has huge gashes across her face and she looks broken. Weak. Lifeless. "Krystal." My fathers broken sob catches my attention. Krystal? No, it can't be. Krystal is my mothers name. My mother just went around the corner to get a few seasonings for our dinner.

Daddy falls to his knees, shaking as sobs rack his body. He grabs the womans hand, kissing it.

We spend hours just watching the woman until a short white man in a long white coat comes to tell us she needs her rest and that visiting hours are over. Daddy reluctantly picks me up and walks out.

"Daddy?" I tentatively whisper. "Who was that?" I ask looking up at his red eyes. He breaths heavily. "I'll tell you later peanut."

It wasn't until days later that he finally told me that was my mother lying in that hospital bed. Looking broken and weak. Pale and fragile.

We went to go visit her again, the only reason she was still "alive" was because she was on life support. She was brain dead. I held her hand begging and pleading with her to wake up, Move her hand, something. But nothing happened. That evening daddy made the decision to take her off. And right before my eyes I saw my mother die. A cold, lifeless, soulless body replacing her once vibrant energetic soul.

Her last words to me days before " No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you baby. Afterall, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."

I've never been the same since.

Three days later was her funeral. There were at least 200 people there mourning the loss of  light that was my mom.

That night I cried my heart out and fell asleep with nightmares to follow.

A few days later we got the police report that the accident might not have been an accident at all. The person who hit my mother drove straight at her without slowing down. And that's when all hell broke loose.

We never got to know the truth thus the case being considered cold.

I wish I knew what really happened.

Knock, knock.

"Hey baby girl, lunch is ready downstairs. If your hungry come on down." My dad closes the door and I roll out of bed. Going to the bathroom I splash cold water on my face until it isn't red anymore. Looking at myself in the mirror I deeply breath.

I got this. We've got this.

And with that I head downstairs to eat lunch with daddy dearest.

This was really depressing to write. Sorry.