Chapter Twelve

Enjoy!!

"BABY GIRL, COME DOWN." My dad screams.

I slowly drag myself down not really wanting to do anything today.

I straighten up when I see a dark skinned woman standing next to him. "Ava, sweetie, this is my co-worker Elaine she came to invite us too a event down in Eugene." I look down grudgingly at the woman smiling brightly up at me.

I know he just told me why she was here but I couldn't help but wonder WHY she was HERE. She could've emailed him or called or SOMETHING.

"Hmm" I walk all the way down the stairs to shake her hand. I give her my best fake smile. " Hello, Im Ava." Her smile gets even bigger. "Your so beautiful, your fathers description did not do you justice." She pulls me into a hug.

Her phone rings and she looks at it with a little frown. "Ugh I have to go, but I'll see you guys later. It was amazing to meet you Ava." She gives me another hug and her signature smile.

She turns to my dad with a shy gaze and hugs him a bit longer than a "co-worker" should.

"Goodbye Aron." She bites her lip and I almost barf. It seems my father finds it 'nice' as he chuckles and rubs her arm.

She switches out the door my fathers eyes watching her all the way out of the door.

"Soooooo, who was that?" He looks at me like it was obvious.

"My co-worker." He puts simply. " oh okay, because she seemed like a little more but idk." I shrug my shoulders.

He shrugs his shoulders too. "So is this event formal?" I ask taking a bite of an apple.

"Chew with your mouth closed, and yes. So Im gonna give you a few bucks so you can get yourself a NICE DRESS."

I gasp audibly putting my hand over my heart.
"Are you saying I don't dress nice." I throw a piece of apple at him.

"Of course not sweetie, you just love your jeans." He chuckles "Your right, I do love my babies." I giggle.

"So where are these few bucks?" I ask. He hands me about 400 out of his wallet. "Have a blast." He announces walking away. "I'm gonna be working late tonight."

"Yeah alright" I say running back upstairs. I grab my phone off of the dresser and call Lena.

"Hello" she answers sounding kind of weird.

"Heyyy LeLe I was just won- ohhhhh babyyy." I'm cut off by a loud moan.

"O-o-oh umm ar-are you busy because I can call back." I stutter feeling very awkward and uncomfortable.

"Ugh no Ava your fine, I'm sorry." I hear a 'come on baby, come back' in the background.

"Um well I was gonna ask if you wanted to go shopping later on because my dad has this doctor thing and it's formal, so yeah."

"Of course I'll meet up with you soon at your house, don't try and get dressed because I'm dressing you, talk to you then love. Bye."

I sigh and fall onto my bed. Was Lena having sex? Oh god. I blush at the thought. That brings me back to the woman who was all over my father.

We're they sleeping together? Was that his secret lover? Did he love her? The thought of my daddy loving someone other than me and my mom brings tears to my eyes.

I quickly wipe them when I hear the door bell ring. How the hell is she so fast.

Like always she repeatedly rings it until I snatch the door open. "I swear I will rip your fingers off." She rolls her eyes and walks up my stairs. I follow behind her like an upset child.

" ok, here wear this." She tosses me a cute little sun outfit.

When I finish putting the clothes on were out the door and ready to shop

It's short but I cut the chapter in half.