Chapter Seventeen

Hello people, this is just a short filler chapter. Writers block is giving me hell. Enjoy!!!

We all sit at the table quietly. All that can be heard is our utensils scraping against the plates.

Theres a loud knock at the door and I jump. 'Get it together Ava.' Rosa goes over to open the door and is greeted with a tall, chocolate skinned man. He pulls her into him for a passionate kiss in which he wraps her in his arms.

I blush slightly and turn away while Lena just rolls her eyes and continues on with her food. "They're always like this. You'll get used to it." I nod still a bit embarrassed.

"Ooo sweetie stop it we have guest." Rosa giggles while lightly slapping the mans chest.
He turns his gaze to me and flashes me a bright smile, Just like Lena's. He walks over to the table at a steady, gradual pace. Setting his brief case down first he makes his rounds around the table, kissing Lena on the head first then sitting down.

"And who might this beautiful young lady be?" I smile small while trying to contain my blush.

"My name is Ava sir, I'm a friend of Lena's. It's nice to meet you." Rosa gets up to serve her husband. He pats her lightly on the butt as a thank you as she goes to sit back down.

He nods his head. "Well it's nice to meet you Ava. I'm Marcus." He takes his first bite and closes his eyes to savor the deliciousness of the crispy shrimp pasta his wife made.

I finish quickly after realizing how hungry I am. I guess running from giant ancient creatures in the forest can really work up an appetite. Rosa and Marcus fall into conversation about his work day just as Lena finishes up and subtly gestures for us to go upstairs.

"Dinner was great mom. Thanks, me and Ava are just gonna hang out upstairs for a while." She kisses her mother and father on the head before pulling me upstairs. "Thank you." I shout out to behind me while Lena drags me up like a predator pulling its prey to their den.

Once we get inside she slams her door shut and locks it. She turns to me and looks at me seriously.

"We have to find out what the hell is going on."

So I should be updating again soon so enjoy this short filler until then.