Chapter Four

Alrighty guys it took me a while to get this but I think i did pretty well. You guys enjoy.

As I hang up my last sweater in my new walk in closet I breath a sigh of relief. "Finally done" I say to myself, throwing myself on my bed.

I turn to look over at my clock. Oh shit! It's 5:00 o'clock. I've spent 3 hours organizing my room. Time really does fly. Rolling off my bed and falling onto the floor I feel my hand around my little table. Finally feeling it I pull it down and scroll through my phone for Lena's contact.

Ava: Hey Lena, it's me Ava. I just wanted to know if I was late to the party.

I put my phone down to take my plate downstairs. When I come back up I see a text notification from Lena.

Lena: Oh hey Ava. Na your fine it starts in two hours.

Ava: Oh well that's good. Do you think you can come over and help me pick out an outfit?

Although I didn't know Lena to well she seemed like a cool girl, and shes probably the first person thats ever willingly talked to me. Even if she was just apologizing.

Lena: I thought you'd never ask😊. Text me your address and I'll be over in 10.

I smile at my phone. Shooting her back a quick see you then along with my address.

10 minutes later just as she had promised Lena was sporadically ringing my door bell. Almost falling down the stairs I swing the door open. She was grinning wildly at me with a few medium sized bags in her hands.

I raise an eyebrow. "What are those for?" I ask pointing to the bags. She just rolls her eyes and steps in. "So where's your room?" I lead her up to my room and she sets her things down. She turns towards my open closet and starts to go through it as I sit at my little vanity. About 20 minutes after groaning and telling me how I have no cute clothes she squeals in victory. "I think I might actually have something here" she announces with a clap of her hands.

I smile. In the last hour this girl has made me smile and laugh like I did before I lost my mother or when I'm with my father.

"Well this sounds promising" I get up to see her 3rd try at this.

I actually like this outfit. It consist of of ripped boyfriend jeans, a gray tee shirt, a blue, green, and white plaid button down, a brown scarf, and some tan heeled ankle length boots.

After changing into the comfy pick she sits me down at my vanity to do my hair and makeup.

"So are you excited?" She asks. While brushing my hair lightly and putting it into a French braid to the side.

"I guess so. I've never been to a party before." I admit kinda embarrassed. "Really?" She asks sounding surprised. " How old are you? 18? And you've never been to a party? Are your parents really strict or something?" She fires off questions at me.

I look down at my hands biting my lip. " kinda" I say not really wanting to get into it.

"Oh well. I'm finished." She states after applying light makeup. I stare at myself. I actually don't look half bad. "You like?" She asks twiddling with her fingers.

"This is amazing" I say gently tracing my fingers over the intricate side braids. I didn't even see her do this. "You should be a professional beauty person" I tell her.

"Oh stop it" she smiles wildly waving her hand at me.

"I suppose your already ready " I say looking at outfit. It had a white shirt, a gray cardigan, some skinny jeans, a light pink scarf, and brown knee length boots. She also had a little jewelry her and there.

"Yeah got dressed before I got here" she smiled.

As we walked down the stairs my dad came out of the basement. "Hey dad I'm on my way out." Giving him hugs and kisses I grab for my keys he has in his hands. I reach up to get them but he puts them further out of my reach. " 10pm" he says looking down at me. " 10pm" I repeat.

He puts the keys in my hand and spares a quick smile at Lena. Me and Lena are out of the door and in her car. After she buckles herself in she blasts some music and I'm off to my first party. I hope God is watching over me for this one because I have a feeling it's going to be very interesting.