Ch. 15: This Is How I Disappear

~Words I thought I'd choke on figure out. I'm really not so with you anymore. I'm just a ghost, so I can't hurt you anymore~

Kiyomi's POV

I really don't know how Kakashi put up with my team. From what I can see, we were worse than my current team. And I've already got a headache!

It's been about two weeks since I officially accepted Team Six as my team. Over that time period, while I was doing what Kakashi never did and training my team, a few things happened. The main one was that Team Ten's sensei, Asuma, had been killed in battle with the Akatsuki. Then Team Ten, led by Shikamaru, had gone out to avenge his death. They hadn't asked me to come along, and I hadn't offered. But the mission had ended with the deaths of two Akatsuki members.

During that time I was confined to the village. Well, not really confined. But Tsunade made sure that the only missions my team was getting were the low D-rank missions. Needless to say, I got a bit suspicious.

I didn't learn anything, however. Tsunade was being close-lipped, and it wasn't fun. At this time, my genin team had already had a C-rank! And with the shortage of shinobi in the village Tsunade could really use the help. I believed my team was ready for a higher-ranked mission, but no one else did.

For their training, I'd been mainly focusing on genjutsu as that was my specialty. With my skills I could help them in other areas, but beyond that I tried to stay near genjutsu.

Kou, for one, was definitely in need of the training. His genjutsu skills were amazing, but could be refined a bit. The raw talent was there, and he'd done a fine job of teaching himself. Now it was my job to teach him more.

Hiro had natural leadership skills and a talent for diplomacy, as I'd learned. He was always breaking up the frequent fights that arose between the other people on my team, and he did it well. Not well enough to permanently put an end to the conflicts, but enough so that they didn't disrupt the mission. His torture genjutsus were improving as well.

Akira had opened up a bit more to me as well when I was training her. She'd lost some of her snark, though not all. She at least tolerated me now. One thing about her was that she really didn't show much interest in learning genjutsu, instead trying to focusing on ninjutsu. Tsunade may not like it, but I'm all for it. Especially since she had Lightning and Earth chakra natures.

And finally, Koze. Scrawny little Koze, the dead-last with no apparent talent. And that's true, as he has no talent for genjutsu, taijutsu, or ninjutsu. His one talent, besides his above-average aim with weapons? Chakra control. So I'm thinking of training him to be a medic. Well, not me, but maybe Sakura.

Overall, as three of my team are the most intelligent of their graduating class, I can see the interrogation/intelligence gathering part of Team Six coming along fine. Koze will improve, I'll see to it.

'So you're all accepting of them now, aren't you?' Fenrir commented slightly mockingly. There was a slight sneer in his voice that made me frown. 'I love that you're just taking them on. You're doing exactly what Tsunade wants you to do!'

I nodded, a bit off-put by Fenrir's tone. 'Yeah, I am?' I questioned the wolf in confusion. 'One, I don't really have a choice, and two, these kids deserve a chance to be shinobi. Who am I to take that from them by being selfish?'

From what I could tell, Fen was rolling his eyes in exasperation. 'That's exactly what Tsunade wants!'

I swallowed, and nodded again. 'Yeah, I know. But I'm not sure it's all Tsunade, because those old people looked more enthused about this idea that she did. Also, it's... kind of nice, teaching these kids. They aren't like the people my age. They're new, and excited. It's cool to see.' Then I frowned. 'Why are you so snappy? It's not like you.'