Ch. 21: Lights We Burn

~Well look around you, tell me what do they need? You stand surrounded by a world on it's knees~

Third POV

Seated in five seats around a table were the strongest shinobi in the world, the Five Kages. The Five Kage Summit was in full swing, and already there had been a fight avoided when the Raikage made a threatening move.

After that, Mifune, the moderator from the Land of Iron proposed a five-village alliance. Nobody seemed particularly against the idea, so he kept going. "As the only remaining Tailed Beast host belongs to Konoha," Mifune began, and a slight smirk appeared on Danzo's face. "I believe that the Hokage should lead this alliance."

"I'd be honored to take the position, if you'll have me," Danzo said smoothly.

"Him?!" the Raikage thundered, rising to his feet and pointing at Danzo. "He is the living embodiment of the darkness of the ninja world! If anyone is qualified, it is I! No one from Kumogakure has been involved with the Akatsuki, so I am the best-"

"I do not agree," Mifune commented, pointing his finger at the remains to the table the Raikage had destroyed. "Your temper tends to get the better of you. You who let emotions rule will bring an alliance to ruin." Mifune sat back down. "I am simply suggesting a neutral party. The Kazekage is too young, the Tsuchikage is too old, and Kirigakure is the heart of the Akatsuki. No one would trust the Mizukage."

Up on the upper level, one of the Mizukage's bodyguards frowned. He was sensing something off about this meeting. To figure it out, he formed a hand seal and activated the Byakugan that was hidden beneath his eye-patch.

What he saw caused the Kiri shinobi to leap down to the floor. "Hokage, let me see beneath your eye bandages," he ordered.

"What is the meaning of this?" the Tsuchikage questioned angrily.

"The Hokage's right eye... is apparently one stolen from Shisui Uchiha, a man who had the ability to control others without their knowledge." The Kiri shinobi then shrugged. "My own right eye is a souvenir from my battle with a Hyuga, so I can't judge you on that account. But it can see through the illusion you're casting."

The Raikage's face was turning red from anger, but before he could do anything, Zetsu popped out of the floor wearing a creepy grin.

"Helloooooo!" he cackled, a demented look on his face. "Sasuke Uchiha is here somewhere! Now, the question is, where...?"

And then things got a little chaotic.

======

Kiyomi's POV

"Forgotten Art: Yokai Ascendance!" I yelled, slamming my hand down on the swirled symbol I'd drawn in the sand. Wind began whipping around me as I pulled Fenrir's chakra from my body. A ghostly outline of the wolf formed above the symbol.

Yes! I think I can get it this time!

The lupine form kept gaining form, and looked less like a ghost and more like a real wolf. This continued until the wind began to die down, then stopped completely. The wolf then swished it's tail, creating another gust of wind.

"Hello Kiya," the wolf spoke, lowering it's head to look me in the eye. "It's nice to finally see you again."

My mouth split into a wide smile. It worked. "Hello Fen," I replied, grinning the first true smile I'd had in a while.

This was the sixth step of the scroll Kuroitokage had given me. Find the white Shinseina, perform a jutsu using only Fenrir's chakra, activate Yasei with only Fenrir's chakra, then perform Yasei in front of Fenrir. Those were the first four. After that was learning to summon Fenrir's chakra in the real world without using Yasei.