seven

JAYNIE didn't bother getting dressed up. She merely wandered round to Richard's in her onesie, after all his apartment block was just around the corner from hers. There was no point in changing it catching a cab.

Truthfully she wasn't very happy about the fact he'd called her out in the middle of the night after standing her up. He was lucky that she was willing to hear him out and let him explain why he stood her up. If it was anybody else she would just have ignored them, but  she couldn't do that to Richard.

The moment she knocked on the door it flew open to reveal Richard stood there in a tux with flowers in hand. "You came." He smiled at her as she gently moved past him going inside.

"Of course I came. I don't just abandon my dates." She sighed as she set her bag down on the ground near the sofa. "Sorry. That was pretty harsh. I should let you explain yourself first."

Richard simply nodded as he lead her over to the table pulling out her chair for her waiting for her to sit. Jaynie stared at him skeptically before slowly sitting down and letting him push her chair in for her. It was obvious that he was nervous, he just seemed off from his usual self.

"I blew you off because Ciara turned up out of the blue. I meant to call you but it slipped my mind." He started to explain but Jaynie cut him off with a slight laugh. He'd blown her off for his ex, maybe she'd been wrong to let him off the hook.

"You blew me off so you could see your ex?" She spoke her voice slightly raised as she felt tears prickling her eyes. Sure she'd had her fair share of bad relationships in the past but this was by far the worst, they weren't even in an official relationship.

"No Jay it wasn't like that. Ciara isn't just my ex, she's one of my best friends..." Richard replied looking at her with pleading eyes. But Jaynie obviously wasn't having any of it as she stood up stalking over to him.

"So you ditched me without even texting me? You're unbelievable." She snapped at him grabbing her bag and storming out of the apartment.

------

A/N; smh this makes Richard seem like such a dick but I promise he does have a good reason for standing her up. Jaynie just doesn't want to hear it just yet.