twenty six

"JAYNIE." Richard whispered softly gently shaking the smaller girl that laid beside him. "Jaynie!" He repeated raising his voice slightly as she let out a soft groan rolling over and burying her face in the pillow making Richard smile slightly. "Jaynie I have waffles." He laughed watching as she instantly sat up rubbing at her eyes.

"Waffles where?!" She asked looking round only to be disappointed. There wasn't a waffle in sight. "Liar. I'm going back to sleep." She mumbled softly flopping back down burying her face in the pillow only for Richard to slowly pull her back up. "Let me sleep."

"I have to go home." Richard told her as she noticed the tear stains on his cheeks. She instantly knew what had happened. "I'm in deep shit Jaynie. Deep deep shit." He sighed as she hugged him tightly burying her face in the crook of his neck.

"You shouldn't have come Richard. I love you and I'm glad you did but if you lose your job because of me I'll never forgive myself." She mumbled softly holding back tears, she wanted to be strong for him because in the end this was all her fault.

"Shut up Jay. It was my choice to come out here and even if I do lose my job it'll be worth it to have you in my life." He told her rubbing her back softly and kissing her cheek as a soft laugh slipped out of her lips. "Hey what's so funny?" He asked pulling away to look at her confused.

"You're just so cliché sometimes Rich." She teased poking him softly in the chest making him chuckle to himself shaking his head as he slowly stood up starting to pack his bag.

Jaynie sighed softly running her hand through her hair thinking for a moment before slowly standing up and walking over to him slowly wrapping her arms round him stopping him in his tracks. "I just need to pick up a few things from my grandparents' house and then I'm coming with you." She nodded as a soft smile made its way onto Richard's lips.

"Really? You mean it? You'll come back with me?" He asked sounding almost like an excited child and he pulled her close. She nodded standing up on the tips of her toes pecking his lips softly before pulling away and grabbing her jacket.

"I'll pick you up in about an hour." She told him with a smile before disappearing off down the corridor. Honestly she pretty excited to get back home to the U.S because as much as she loved being with her grandparents she missed her friends a hell of a lot.

------

A/N; OMG thank you so much for 1.39k readers. It really means a lot to me & I love you guys to the moon and back.