thirty

JAYNIE sighed softly as she shut off the periscope. It felt nice to finally get everything off of her chest and be able to be completely honest to her fans. Now all she had to do was wait for Richard to get back from his meeting with Jason. But that could be hours away and not knowing what was going to happen was driving her mad.

She sat down on the sofa flicking through the channels but that didn't help at all, so after what felt like hours of fidgeting and pacing around the apartment she found herself stood over the oven in the kitchen baking cookies. This was definitely going to be a long night.

------

It was around five hours later when Richard finally showed up and by this time Jaynie was baking her eighth batch of cookies. "Something smells nice." Richard laughed softly walking over to her snaking his arms around her waist resting his chin on her shoulder.

"That's eight batches of cookies..." She sighed softly turning to face him burying her face in his chest. "I guess I stress bake." She laughed awkwardly shaking her head as Richard pressed a soft kiss to her forehead running a hand through her hair.

"I already told you, you have nothing to be stressed about my love." He sighed softly holding her tightly. "Plus Jason let me keep the job, he said this whole thing gave him an idea for next season." He smiled down at her as a look of confusion made its way onto her face.

"So what you're saying is that he made us fly all the way back here just to tell you that you have him an idea?" Jaynie asked laughing softly as Richard nodded. Usually she would have been mad that she had to cut her time with her grandparents short but honestly she was just glad that everything was going to be okay. "So why were you gone for at least six hours?" She questioned as she started to clear up her things.

"I had to catch up on some of the filming I missed, no big deal." He nodded stopping her by taking away the tray that she was currently scrubbing at in the sink. "You don't think I'd cheat on you do you?" He asked looking hurt as she shook her head desperately. "Hm I think I need you to prove it to me." He smirked slightly biting his lip.

"Sounds good to me." Jaynie smirked back at him as she grabbed his hand pulling him towards the bedroom.

------

A/N; this is kind of a badly written chapter but the next one is going to be last chapter in this book and then i'm going to start on the sequel.