twenty three

JAYNIE was sat in the garden eating dinner with her grandparents when she heard her phone ringing from inside. At first she was going to ignore it but then after really thinking about it for a moment or two she slowly stood up heading inside.

She couldn't help but smile when she saw the name on the caller ID. It was Richard. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she moved the phone to her cheek pressing the answer button. "Hello."

"Hello, my name is Richard Harmon. Is this by any chance Miss Jaynie Gallagher?" That familiar voice asked down the phone as Jaynie let out a soft laugh. That was one of the things she loved about Richard, he always knew how to make her laugh no matter what the circumstances.

"She is me. What can I do for you today Mr Harmon?" She asked deciding to play along with his little game as she wandered upstairs to her room where it'd be a little more private. Sure she'd told her grandparents about everything that had happened between her and Richard but that didn't mean she wanted them to over hear their conversation.

"Well I'm about to get on a flight." He spoke making Jaynie almost drop her phone as she reached her bedroom. She'd told him no. She didn't want him to come. He'd completely ignored her. "And I was wondering if you'd be able to come pick me up when I land?"

Jaynie sighed thinking about it for a moment before nodding. She wasn't going to just abandon him. "Fine. What time do you land?" She questioned perching on the edge of the bed gently tapping her foot against the carpeted floor.

"About 3am British time." Richard told her obviously unsure how she was going to react to this early time. She simply sighed not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry. I know you don't want me to come out but I need to Jaynie. I need to show you how much you mean to me, how much I need you." He spoke his voice sounding almost desperate.

"Okay. We'll talk later." She told him before quickly hanging up and tossing her phone onto the bed heading back downstairs to finish eating.