You and I [Tronnor]

We met in Miss Wayne's math class our tenth grade year.

Your face had been flushed from the hurry you put yourself through to beat the late bell's ringing and when we locked eyes, the raging pulses of delicate blue to the breathtaking whispers of green with specks of gold, I found someone that would take my firm planting on Earth and whisk me away into an infinite amount of galaxies.

Your eyes were the first aspect of you I grew deeply fond over, because you had locked away that genuine gleam just for me from that day forward.

I got my first detention because of you during that December. We had gotten into a dispute the week before and me, being so very stubborn, had not spoken a word to you since. The silence I was putting you through was driving you mad, I knew that, but at the time I couldn't find it in me to release the tension I had created.

In the true fashion that you so effortlessly withheld, you resulted in throwing paper airplanes that contained scribbles that were your apologies inside. Seeing as you had never taken the time to learn how to craft the sky defying devices properly to where they could reach me on the other side of the room, the poorly executed message carriers ended up scattered in almost every other nook of the classroom.

To put it lightly, the already stressed out Miss Wayne had come undone when she turned around from writing equations on the whiteboard to discover the mess you made. In an effort to prevent you from doing such actions again she gave us both detention, where we would be forced to resolve our conflict.

The source of our fight had been over how I refused to tell you about my family. You had exclaimed how you weren't asking for my entire life story, yet the frustrated tone you gave in that statement over the phone hit me like the very occasions I was too scared to open up about.

The hours before our forced containment that I had spent worrying myself sick over didn't even touch my racing mind while I had come clean about the reasoning behind my reaction. You didn't look at me like a puppy cast off into the pouring rain, instead you whispered calmly how you'd be there for me and if it ever came down to it, your family would take me in with open arms. The rest of the hour was spent folding so much paper for airplanes that by the time we were dismissed, our hands combined were covered in fifteen paper cuts.

That day was when I grew to admire your persistence. The amount of slices within the skin of your hands didn't stop you from going on to create the paper airplane that went on so well that it flew out the window Mr. Fredrick had insisted on opening once he caught on to how we planned to spend the remaining forty five minutes.

March was when everything I knew in terms of home all came crashing down. We had just gained a taste of spring break and your family had invited me over to have a barbecue as a way of kicking the week off. The gesture had been innocent, yet my father found a way to twist it to my ultimate downfall.

"So this kid's the one pressing these 'open minded' views on you huh?"

"He has nothing to do with what my personal viewpoints are Dad.."

"Then why do you have your swimming shorts, you have to be loaded in this town to have a pool and he by no means would associate himself with you if he was smart, trust me I'm only trying to look out for you boy."

"He's more intelligent than you could ever be, especially when it comes to me."

"What's that bullshit supposed to mean?"

"He doesn't try to belittle me every chance he gets for one, how much money someone has in their pocket doesn't determine their worth as a human being."