I am ready for you

Episode 16

The boat arrives in America. Kevin and kirstie get off and make their way back to theirh ouse that they now live in together as hustband and wife. However, they soon discovered that their house had been destroyed in the earthquake!!

“Oh no,” Kevin says quietly.

“What do we do?”

“Well, we can go to scott and mitch’s place and crash for a few days.”

Kirstie toyed with the idea in her mind… Can I be around Scott again?

“Yeah, we could do that. Call them and make sure it’s okay with them…”

Kevin clled mitch. He learned that they were at Avi’s apartment still.

They make their way to Avi’s place, not knowing what had happened.

“Hey, guys. Where’s avi?” Kevin asks.

Scott and mitch point to a large crack in the floor. They had spent the past few days tr ying to dig, but made little progress.

“You mean…he’s down there?” Kirstie asks in disbelief.

“We’re pretty much certain. This seems to be the epicenter of the earthquake. We tried to contact the authorities to help, but they don ‘t believ us.” Scott sits down in frustration.

“What do you mean they don’t believe you?” Kevin is angry.

“We tried to tell them, ‘our friend fell in this hole in the earth,’ but they just laughed at us and said that the earthquake didn’t cause anything like that besided the flooding in Fiji.”

“Well did you show them the floor?”

“Yeah… they said it was the pipes. I think they don’t care.” Mitch added.

“Well we have to do something!” Kirstie said, more passionately than she had planned.

“What do you think we’ve been doing kirstie?” Scott retorted. He had already shoved aside all of his pride to try and save his friend. Now he felt llike he had been attacked by the woman he cared about more than any other.

“Scott calm down. She doesn’t mean to sound accusatory,” mitch calmly states to scott.

“Yeah, scott. I’m sorry. I’m just worried…”

They shared an acknowledgemental glance. No further words needed to be spoken. They all got down on their hands and knees and continued the dig ging.