Somehow I'll change your mind

Episode 32

"There has to be a way to get dowhn there." Mitch was frantic. It had been well over a week since Avi has fallen into the earth.

"Mitch, we don't even know if he's actually down there," scott replies. "I mean, he probably is, but who know?s? With everything that's ben going on, maybe he just ran away for a  whiel. He couldve left a note or sometging and it couldve been destroyed by the earthquak e."

"Scott, he's down there. I know it. I can feel it."

"What are you like attached to him through telepathy?" Scott laughed.

No, it's stronger and deeper than that, Mitch thinks to mhimself. "No, I just know it."

"Alright. His phone is definitely off or broken or something so I guess you have a point that he's probably not above ground."

They both skirted arround the issue that avi might not be alieve. A week underground can't be good for someone!!!!

Esther came into the room. "Hey guys," she says.

"Hey Esther." Mitch said. "I'm just brainstorming how to get down there. THere has! to be away."

Scott went to a different room for a reason.

"I agree. I'm not gonna give up. He's my brother and i love him beyond words, I'm not willing to let go . I can't holda  funeral for ihim unless i knwo for sure."

"I totally understand you."

"Do you?"

"Yes, Esther. I lo-" he stopped. he doesn't want esther to know yet that he and aVvi are in love. "I do."

Scottt walks back into the room with a few shovels." Let's get difgging!" he said.

TH e three of them started digging the little amount of dirt that was above ground. A lot of what was in the hole was stuff from the apartment, like dchairs and kitchen tiles...

"I need to take a break, guys." Esther grabbed a glass of water and retreated to a bedroom.

"Me too, Mitch. I'm beat." Scott walks out, leaiving miTch alone in the room with the fractured ground.

Mitch began reminiscing of his times with Avriel Kaplan. Oneo f his favorite is singing Aha!, because at one point, it was jjust the two of them singing, and they make eye clntact on stage, and it lights up mitch's world if only just for a few seconds. Mitch started to sing aha, quietly to himself.

He loves it because he can just belt as high as he wants and just let go. He belted higher and higher as he sang "AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaa"

When he hit the climax of the song, the room began to shake. He hit the frequency of something in the room, causing it to vibrate. Suddenly, the crack in the floor opens up slightly.

"Guys?! Guys come here!" Mitch screams. Everyone comes into the room. Kevin and Kir stei are wearing night garments, as if they had just been sleeping, even though it was mid-afternoon.

"What happened??!" Kevin yelled.

"The floor opened up a little. I was singing and it started shaking, and look! You can see down a little bit!" Mitch is excited.

They all walked to the crack and peeked in. Esther grabbeda flash light and shines it down into the whole. They can see aAvi's shirt!