Chapter One: Mudblood

Hi! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Personally, I love a good love story. In most of the HP books, you get this vague idea of who James and Lily Potter were. I've always wanted to take that little bit of information and turn it into a story. So, here it is. My idea of what happened to Lily Evans and James Potter. Trust me, I know the beginning is a little bit dull. I wasn't honestly sure how to start the prologue, so I thought maybe a look at an incident, where Lily and James clash, would help. It's clearly from Order of the Phoenix. Just humour me and give it a chance! So, it's just my ideas of how Lily and James fell in love. So, please let me know what you think! Help me out with positive comments and ideas. It would make my day if someone honestly would just tell me that they enjoyed my writing. So, I'll shut up and let you read!

- myflowereh
Cover made by: anime_freak_otaku
All characters belong to J.K. Rowling! I'm just merely having fun with her wonderful world!

Prologue

Taken from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter twenty-eight, Snape's Worst Memory, pages 564-572

'Impedimenta!' he said, pointing his wand at Snape, who was knocked off his feet halfway through a dive towards his own fallen wand.

Students all around had turned to watch. Some of them had got to their feet and were edging nearer. Some looked apprehensive, others entertained.

Snape lay panting on the ground. James and Sirius advanced on him, wands raised, James glancing over his shoulder at the girls at the water's edge as he went. Wormtail was on his feet now, watching hungrily, edging around Lupin to get a clearer view.

'How'd the exam go, Snivelly?' said James.

'I was watching him, his nose was touching the parchment,' said Sirius viciously. 'There'll be great grease marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word.'

Several people watching laughed; Snape was clearly unpopular.

Wormtail sniggered shrilly. Snape was trying to get up, but the jinx was still operating on him; he was struggling, as though bound by invisible ropes.

'You - wait,' he panted, staring up at James with an expression of purest loathing, 'you - wait!'

'Wait for what?' said Sirius coolly. 'What're you going to do, Snivelly, wipe your nose on us?'

Snape let out a scream of mixed swear words and hexes, but with his wand ten feet away nothing happened.

'Wash out your mouth,' said James coldly. 'Scourgify!'

Pink soap bubbles streamed from Snape's mouth at once; the froth was covering his lips, making him gag, choking him -

'Leave him ALONE!'

James and Sirius looked round. James's free hand immediately jumped to his hair.

It was one of the girls from the lake edge. She had thick, dark red hair that fell to her shoulders, and startlingly green almond-shaped eyes.

'All right, Evans?' said James, and the tone of his voice was suddenly pleasant, deeper, more mature.

'Leave him alone,' Lily repeated. She was looking at James with every sign of great dislike. 'What's he done to you?'

'Well,' said James, appearing to deliberate the point, 'it's more the fact that he exists, if you know what I mean'

Many of the surrounding students laughed, Sirius and Wormtail included, but Lupin, still apparently intent on his book, didn't, and nor did Lily.

'You think you're funny,' she said coldly. 'But you're just an arrogant, bullying toerag, Potter. Leave him alone.'

'I will if you go out with me, Evans,' said James quickly. 'Go on go out with me and I'll never lay a wand on old Snivelly again.'