Chapter Forty-Nine: The Final Night

PLEASE READ AN

PC 49

I sit up in bed. Today is our last full day at Hogwarts... It's the end. Tomorrow, we will graduate and say our goodbyes.

I glance over to the other side of the bed, where James is fast asleep. He looks almost boyish in his sleep. He's still asleep. I sigh and get up and head to my trunk in the corner of the room.

"Come back," James moans.

I laugh lightly. "We've got a bunch of passed out friends in our common room, James."

"So? Padfoot is an expert at nursing a hangover. I'm not worried. Come back." He holds his arms open to me.

I smile at him and climb back onto the bed. I lean against his shoulder. "It's our last full day."

"Don't worry about that. Just live in the moment." James reaches over and kisses me. I slide my hands into his hair.

After a while, I pull back and smile. "Come on, James, we've gotta get up now."

James groans and flops back on the bed and pulls the pillow over his head.

"Cute." I say sarcastically. "I'm not spending anymore of my last day here in bed."

"Not even with me?" James pleads, his voice muffled by the pillow.

"Nope. Get your arse outta bed. You're going to show me all the secret passageways  and pull some pranks."

"Trying to bribe me with my three favourite things?"

"I only said two." I point out.
"My favourite things are pranks, secret passageways, and my girl." He smirks as he removes the pillow from his face.

"I'm getting dressed and then we're going to get our friends and go to breakfast."

James nods. "Alright. I'll be back in a bit. I'm going to take a shower."

"Okay."

He walks out and shuts the door behind him. I quickly change into jeans and a plain shirt. I smile slightly to myself as I pull my shoes on and leave the room.

I must have really been out of it last night, because I'm sure that I couldn't normally miss a tornado going through where I live. Shattered bottles of alcohol lie on the floor in puddles. I swear under my breath for a moment as I carefully walk down the stairs.

Alice is sitting up with a sour look on her face. "I think Black tried to snuggle with me last night!"

I bite my lip to keep the laughter in. "You and Sirius... Alright, he's passed out over there." I point to the end of the couch, only Sirius Black isn't there. "Shite! Where is he?" I look around the couch and spot Remus clenching his head between his hands. Peter is still passed out in the corner. I've got to get him out of here before he pukes when he wakes up...

"I've found Sirius." James says with a disgruntled look as he walks out in a towel.

"Merlin's underwear! Modesty please, James!" Alice wails.

James smirks. "Padfoot is in the bathtub. Imagine finding your best friend in the tub when you're trying to take a shower!" He mutters.

"I did not need to hear that, James!" I hiss.

"I still need to finish my shower."

"Fine. Use the other shower."

James chuckles and walks into my room.

"Seriously, Lily?" Alice demands with a raised eyebrow.

"Nooo, I'm Sirius... Not her..." Sirius moans as he stumbles into the room.