Chapter Thirty-Four: A New Adventure: Quidditch in a Blizzard

The winds howls outside the castle walls. I can't help but shudder. "I'm playing my first game in a blizzard." I say to Alice.
She shrugs. "In fifth year, we played in heavy fog. William and Bell crashed."
"William as Will McKinnon?"
"Yes." Alice states tersely.
Things haven't gotta better between Marlene and us. I doubt it will.
Sirius runs over to us. "I think we should be worried. James is in a mood."
Remus nods. "I would avoid him if possible."
"Why? I mean why is he in a mood." I ask.
"I think some Slytherins were bugging him." Peter mumbles.
"Great. So, we have to deal with a moody captain." I say sarcastically.
Sirius shakes his head, causing his wild brown hair to fly into his tea again.
Not even bothering to tell him that his hair is in his tea again, I raise an eyebrow at him.
"What? You're the one that's shagging him."
I can feel the heat in my cheeks. "DON'T YOU DARE GO THERE, SIRIUS ORION BLACK!!!" I shriek.
"Oy! Shut up." James shouts from the other side of the Gryffindor Common Room.
"Prongs, mate. You just told your beloved to shut up." Sirius calls back with a cheeky grin.
"She can take it."
In the last few months of our relationship, there has been a few times when I wanted to strangle him. Now was definitely one of those.
"Lilypad, you should probably take him for anger management classes." Sirius laughs.
Unfortunately, James heard that. He scowls. "Padfoot, mind shutting your big mouth?"
I get up. "James..."
"Lily. Don't." He grabs his equipment and walks out of the tower.
"He must be on his period." Alice declares. "What crawled up his ass?"
"Why the bloody hell would I know?" I demand.
"You slept with him last night." Remus points out.
"We slept on the same bed, but didn't do anything! I was trying to be polite by offering Alice my room."
"Well, what was he like when you guys woke up?"
I shrug. "He was gone by the time I woke up."
"Isn't that normally the girl?" Peter laughs.
"No." Sirius says with a grin.
"Ugh!" Alice groans. She spins her engagement ring on her necklace.
"Guys! We've got to go to the pitch or we'll be late!" Remus says.
Shite! I grab my gear and shove my wand into my pocket. "C'mon! We're gonna be late!"
---
We sprint into the changing room and throw our robes on. I cast warming charms and shove my cold hands into my thin gloves. Strapping our goggles to our faces, we hurry out into the blizzard.
"Took you long enough!" James shouts.
I can't see far. I can see about twenty feet in front of me.
"So, what's the plan?" Sirius asks, holding his bat over his shoulder.
"Catch the Snitch as soon as possible. I don't want anyone getting frostbite." James says, looking at me.
"I'll do my best."
Madame Hooch shouts for the captains to shake hands and we're off.
The strong winds howl and swirl snow into my face. The Snitch isn't anywhere in sight.
Suddenly, a Bludger shoots past me. I dodge it and circle the pitch. I can't see a glimmer of the little gold ball.
James hammers the Quaffle into the middle goal again.
"Gryffindor scores!" Remus shouts from the stands. Somehow, he's announcing. Something tells me that it wasn't his first choice. "I think that was Captain James Potter. But the snow is kinda preventing me from telling.
Out of nowhere, a Bludger slams into me. I cradle my left arm to my chest and glance behind me. Cabbe is right behind me with his bat. He hit me from directly behind.
The game quickly becomes dirty. The Slytherins use the weather to their advantage and they slam into our brooms. Alice shouts from the hoops, "dirty cheating bastards!"
James furiously calls a timeout. We land on the frozen pitch and look at Alice.
"They use Stooging on me!" she yells defiantly. "They knocked me out of the way!"
Sirius' eyes darken. "Lily got her arm smashed by Cabbe's Bludger attack from behind."
Alice grabs my arm gently and mutters a few charms. "There. The pain should stop for now."
James swears. "They're playing so dirty and Madame Hooch can't even see them. Plus, I've only seen the Snitch once."
"I've seen it a few times, but I've never gotten close enough. I think I saw it just before I got hit by the Bludger." I admit.
James looks at me. The anger still blazes, but not at me. "We can't play dirty back."
Sirius groans and scowls. "Regulus and the rest of his Death Eater buddies deserve it."
"If we get caught, McGonagall won't let us play the rest of the season." I say slowly.
"Lily is right." James nods. "Sirius, I want you to keep an eye on Lily. Alex, I want you to continue like normal." he instructs to the replacement Beater, who took over after Marlene's blow up.
"Right." he nods.
"Are you ready to resume the game?" Madame Hooch asks.
"Yes."
We mount our brooms and launch back into the air.
"Well, the Gryffindor team looks ready to flatten the Slytherins. This match should be interesting. I think we can almost see them."
James takes possession of the Quaffle and darts around the Slytherins.
Regulus flies towards me. "Feeling a little out of your league, Mudblood."
I glare at him. Suddenly, I notice the Snitch behind his ear. Fluttering in the heavy snow. I shoot towards the Snitch. Regulus flies after me with a furious look on his face.
I duck a Bludger from the Slytherins and pursue it. It dives. A Feint in this kind of conditions in deadly. Despite the warning bells in my mind, I pull into a steep dive. Pull up. Pull up. Pull up! I reach my hand out and grab the tiny ball. The ground. It's too close. I attempt to pull up.
It's too late. I hit the ground. My eyes close.
I can hear the shouts.
"She's on the ground! Gryffindor Seeker and Head Girl, Lily Evans is on the ground." someone yells.
"Madame Pomfrey!"
The Snitch weakly flutters in my hand. Using all the strength I have left, I hold up my fist with Snitch firmly stuck in it.
"I don't believe it! Lily Evans has caught the Snitch! Gryffindor wins! 380-260!"
"Lils, you did it." James says softly from behind me.
All I can do in whimper.
"We'll get you fixed up. You won the game." James laughs. "Next time, figure out where the ground is first, love."
If I had any energy left, I'd roll my eyes.
The darkness beckons and I fall into its lull.
................................................
AN: Hi guys! So sorry about last weekend. Life happened. You know when ur life feels like a bomb when off? Yah, that was mine.
Anyways, I got an amazing idea for the next chapter from a reader.
So I will use it next. It's going to be funny. :)
Thanks for voting and commenting!