Chapter Forty-Four: Hair Dye White Wedding A Drunk Magician

PC 44

*PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM*

"I really wish that the tickets weren't sold out for the World Cup." James admits as we land our brooms.

"Yeah." Sirius agrees wishfully. "For once Canada even has an incredible team. They aren't good at football either."

"They play hockey. It's their sport." I point out.

"Adrien has some impressive skills." James declares as he throws his broom over his shoulders. "His dodges are far better than that Thomas guy on the American team."

"Ah, but the Americans have Steward." I declare.

Remus laughs at me. "For someone, who's never shown interest in Quidditch before, you have an amazing knowledge of this."

"What? I've always liked Quidditch. I just couldn't admit that before or James would have been insufferable."

"Oy!" James shakes his head.

Mr. Potter walks out of the house and smiles at us. "I have some good news."

"Dad! Where have you been?" James demands. A smile slowly creeps onto his face.

"On a rather unusual mission." Charlus admits with a smile. "The healers have some surprising news on your mum."

James suddenly looks nervous. "What?"

"The first diagnosis on her was way off base. She actually has a severe concussion and that was what messed with her brain so badly. They found a potion that seems to be helping. Treatment is going really well. If it continues well, she might fully recover and be coming home."

James smiles. "That's...that's amazing!"

Sirius nods. "Yes! No one will kick me out now!" He declares triumphantly.

"What?" I ask.

"James and Charlus were threatening to kick me out, because I'm sloppy."

"That's a really nice way of saying it." Remus mutters. "Our dormitory room is a disaster!"

"You can't keep it clean without my help?" James teases.

"Well, Lily probably picks up after you." Sirius retorts.

The boys stare at me, waiting for an answer.

I shrug. "Not that often. Sure, it happens once and a while, but he likely has to pick up my books more often."

"You leave them in the strangest places."

"Like where?" I demand.

"In the couch cushions."

I shake my head slowly. "No... I never leave books on the couch..."

James grins at me. "Oh, so the cat did it."

"Stop blaming my cat!"

"It scratched me this morning when I came to wake you up." He pulls up his sleeve and points to a long scratch.

"I don't know why my cat doesn't like you, but it's not my fault." I say firmly.

"What? So you didn't say every night, "I hate James Potter" to it?" Sirius laughs.

"No! I did not!"

"Sure..."

I take off my shoe and throw it as hard as I can at his head. It hits his nose and blood starts dripping out of his nose.

"Blimey! James, would you get your girl to stop hurting me?!" Sirius groans as he pinches his nose.

I grimace. "I'm sorry, Sirius. I didn't actually think it would hit you."