Chapter Six: Apologizing, Peevsie and Professor Sluggy

Author's Note: Hi again! No author's note last time. I just didn't have much to say. Oops! Anyways... Please leave reviews, vote, just let me know what you think! I'm always curious to see who's reading my work! I have to thank my dear friend, theluckynumber3, for her great ideas for the story. You should seriously check out her stories, they're awesome! I know there's a lot of Lily/ James fanfictions, but I hope you'll enjoy mine for the creativity anyways. So, I guess I'll end my little rant with the famous words: I'm not JK Rowling, if I was... I'd be richer than the Queen! Clearly, I'm not...

_____________________________________________________________________

I stand outside the portrait of the angel. Where the hell is Potter? I need him here to decide the password. I unfortunately can’t just decide a password. I’ve been here for the last twenty minutes, since I stormed away from him. I truly thought that he had maybe changed, even if just a little bit. All I wanted was a Head Boy that would actually help me with the work.

                “Oh.” Potter says slowly as he walks around the corner.

                “Are you going to help me pick a bloody password or are we just going to sleep out here?” I demand.

                “Um…sure.” Potter says quietly. “What do you think?”

                “I honestly don’t care.” I snap.

                Potter sighs and runs a hand through his black hair. “Okay, how about…”

                “It’s wee little Potty!” Peeves taunts from behind us. I groan. Why Peeves? The stupid Poltergeist… He’s been a nuisance ever since Hogwarts was begun. “Little Miss Evansy hanging out with Potty.” He grins and bellows, “k-i-s-s-i-n-g!”

                “Rictusempra!” I snarl, flicking my wand towards dear old Peevsies. He starts laugh and squealing. Ah, good old tickling charm never fails.

                Potter scowls at Peeves and mutters, “Stupefy.”

                Unfortunately, Peeves can’t really be stunned, but it sorta worked. Now, he’s stunned, but it will only last a couple of seconds or maybe minutes if Potter’s stunning spell is good.

                “Quaffle is the password.” Potter says quickly to the angel, who looks mildly annoyed with us.

                “Enter,” the angel says in a stiff voice.

                We sprint into our common room and shut the door behind us. “That was amusing.” Potter laughs.

                “Peeves should learn not to mess with the Heads.” I tease.

                “Listen, Evans, I’m sorry that I pried into your business. I shouldn’t have.” Wow…  James Potter is actually apologising.

                “I, erm, forgive you.” I say politely.

                “I’ve got a question. I promise it isn’t about that,” he adds when he sees me stiffen.

                “Yes?”

                “Can my friends hang out here too? I wouldn’t have a problem with any of your friends being here, but I thought since you don’t really like us…”

                “No, it’s fine. Just tell Black that if he goes into my room. He’s a dead man.” I say firmly with a small smile.