Chapter Ten: Wronski Feint and Dungeon Duels

Hey guys! I'm back! The chapter's short, but it's only a filler for better things to come. So the usual stuff: please comment, tell other people about it if you like it, and please give me some ideas. My brain is stretched pretty far, guys!

Disclaimer: I'm not an identity theif. You guys should probably know that by now.

*Slight time jump to the middle of October, two days before the Quidditch match.*

                “What are the main differences between an animagus and a werewolf?” Professor Stone asks.

                “Oy, don’t we learn this every year?” Potter mutters to Black from behind me.

                I raise my hand and wait to be called on. “Miss Evans?”

                “Sir, an animagus is witch or wizard that can transform into a certain animal whenever they please. A werewolf, however, has no choice. They transform into a werewolf on the full moon. The transformations are very painful and can take weeks to recover from for many wizards.”

                “Very good, ten points for Gyffindor.” Professor Stone suddenly looks annoyed, “Potter, answer this question! What is some of the challenges in becoming an animagus?”

                “Only wizards and witches, who are powerful and skilled, are able to become animagus. The transformation can go wrong if a single thing is done poorly. It requires the ability to be successful at human transformations.”

                Professor Stone just scowls at Potter. “I want your assignments in by Wednesday! No later than that!”

                I quickly shove my stuff in my bag. I have to get to the library to study.

                “Oy! Evans, are you in such a hurry to go practice your Quidditch skills?” Potter asks from behind me.

                I shake my head and sigh. “I wish. I have to study.”

                Potter nods. “I’ve got a message from Dumbledore. Apparently, we’re in charge of planning the Halloween Ball.”

                I groan. “Not another thing to add to my list.” I’m already stressed out as it is.

                “Relax, Dumbledore told me that we could start after the Quidditch game.”

                “You told him?” I ask slowly. Then I shake my head, “let me guess… Dumbledore knows-”

                “Everything that seems to go on in this castle?” Potter finishes with a smirk.

                I roll my eyes at him. “I suppose that summarized it.”

                “You look nice.” he suddenly comments.

                I scowl at him, hating the fact that my cheeks glow red. “Sure, Potter,” I gesture to my school robes.

                “You’d look nice in anything,” he says firmly. “I’ve got to go work with my Quidditch team, my actual Quidditch team,” he adds.

                “You guys better beat Ravenclaw!”

                Potter looks at me for a moment. “Until this year, I was sure that you hated Quidditch.”