Chapter six - introduction to battle

Sorry for the long wait! It's not as long a wait as on Obsession, but still a wait. Forgive me!!

An extra long chappy to make up for my waffle-tartness! And also my tardiness (lol, tard) on posting this! There isn't really any randomness in this chap, but hope you enjoy anyway!

_________________________________

~Kakashi's POV~

I don't understand.

We were now back at Tazuna's home, with me bed-ridden, and my students wouldn't stop bugging me. I just wanted to sleep... I overused my sharingan, and it put massive strain on my body.

But... I can't shake the feeling that this was all too convenient... that that hunter-nin would show up just as I was about to kill Zabuza, and finish it himself.

And why didn't he dispatch of the body straight off? If he wanted proof, he could have just taken the head.

"What's the matter, sensei?" I looked up to see all three Genin staring at me curiously. I voiced my thoughts from the past few minutes, and their eyes widened.

"What?!" Sakura seemed to be very... verbal today.

"Yes... the likelihood is... Zabuza's still alive." I thought back over the Hunter-nin, and frowned. I had sensed something... off. Their was a third chakra there... could it be they had back up? But this ones chakra was so powerful... and foreign... but familiar.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but I recognised that chakra from somewhere.

I looked back to the group of three students that should have been four, and gave them a stern look. "No leaving this building by yourself. You can only leave if you have a fellow ninja with you. It's too dangerous now."

They nodded, then slowly left as I dismissed them. They were to come back later for training.

~Naruto's POV~

DATTEBAYO!! I get one from my Point of View!!

I jumped as the door of the bedroom opened, and Teme stuck his head round.

"What?" I asked, irritated.

"No breaking the third wall, Dobe." I blinked, then scowled; he was right.

He came fully into the room, an irritated look on his face. I sat down on my futon, glaring at him, and he sat on his, opposite me, then glanced over his shoulder. I was becoming more agitated by the second.

"What, teme?!" I growled, and he rolled his eyes.

"Urusei (shut up), usuratonkachi!" Teme leaned in a bit, then said, "I sensed Charlie's chakra signature back there."

My eyes widened, Charlie was here?! Then they narrowed. "How? Hokage-Jiji said that she was captured by a Rogue ninja for her bloodline. That was months ago! Why would she be here?!"

Teme opened his mouth to argue, then closed it and stood up. "Whatever." then he left. I frowned. It couldn't be true. Charlie couldn't be here... could she?

* * *

My vision hazed as I sat on the windowsill, the window open so that I could feel the cool air brush over my skin. Could what Sasuke-teme said be true?

It felt like Charlie had been gone ages. I've almost forgotten what she looks like.

"Naruto!" I jumped and fell backwards out of the window, landing on the grass with a thump. I looked upwards, eyes wide; could it be?!

My eyebrows pulled down in a frown, and I stood up and got in a defensive position. It wasn't her... but I had been so sure that had been her voice!