Chapter... uhh... whichever number's next?

This is dedicated to XxMeWxX4444 because she was the first person to request on my poll thingy! :3

---

"Naruto..." I sniffed, looking up at him, my eyes filled with tears. "Thanks."

He just grinned at me and hugged me a little tighter, "No problem, Charlie! That's what friends are for, 'ttebayo!"

I bit my lip, sitting up properly, then suddenly launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and hiding my face against his warm skin. I didn't notice the fact that I had knocked us both over until I noticed how red Naruto's face was. And yet he didn't push me off, just kept hugging me, despite how clearly uncomfortable he was.

I knew that I was on top of him, and in an indecent position, but at that moment I didn't really care. I just held onto Naruto like he was my lifeline.

After about ten minutes, I leaned back and wiped my eyes, still sitting on Naruto. I then smiled wryly at him, and leaned back down to kiss his cheek. "I mean it, thanks."

Then I left, leaving behind a bright red blonde.

---

"I'm bored..." I sighed to Jack as we sat at the kitchen table the next morning. We had just eaten breakfast, and I reeeeeally wanted to go outside. I wanted to test my theory of whether potatoes can glow in the sunlight if you grow them in carrot juice. It doesn't make much sense, I know, but it does to me! My three year old cousin rose an interesting point!

Anyway, I desperately needed to get out of the house. But Jack was refusing to come with me, since he was being a little geek and 'studying' for a test that we wouldn't even take if we didn't get back home. Stupid pointless child.

Huffing, I grabbed my jacket and left the house. "Fine! I'll go and see someone else then!"

As I wandered the streets, I found myself gravitating towards the training ground where squad seven usually met. I was surprised to find that Squad seven actually were there, though, I didn't expect them to be.

"Charlie! Oh my god, I haven't seen you in ages!" I was frozen as Sakura hugged me. Sakura. Hugged. Me. Sakura!

"Who the heck are you and what have you done with Sakura?!" I demanded from the pinkette, and she just scowled.

"What? Am I not allowed to miss the only other girl on my team?" she said, seeming slightly embarassed, and all the wind seemed to be knocked out of me.

"Even you missed me..?" I asked slowly. I felt as though I was going to cry. Sakura looked alarmed.

"Charlie?! Don't cry! What the-?!" I sniffed, wiping my eyes, while Sakura panicked, and Naruto and Sasuke appeared, while Kakashi watched from the background.

"Charlie? What's the matter?!" Uchiha asked.

"Don't cry, Charlie, 'ttebayo!" Naruto exclaimed.

The worry on their faces just made me want to cry more, and I didn't know why. Stupid frustrating emotions!!

"Sakura you idiot, you made her cry!" Sasuke accused, and the poor girl looked stricken. Naruto just shook me, not really helping in any way whatsoever, but I was touched that he was trying.

"Sasuke, it's not her fault. I'm just feeling really emotional lately for some reason..." I mumbled, gazing at him sadly. He seemed to understand. Part of it was homesickness... the relief of finally being back home, before having it cruelly ripped away.... it was too much. I wonder if he knew about Zoey? I doubted it. He didn't really know her that well, anyway.