Chapter Thirteen - Falling

"Ugghh..."

I groaned as I sat up, rubbing my head. It ached as though I had hit it on something.

Well, at least my migraine was gone.

"Urg.."

I sat up gingerly, scanning the area for the source of the other voice. I saw a head, poking out of a bush, with astonishingly bright orange hair, and black stripes through it horizontally. It looked like a tiger pattern. The head groaned in pain, and I squeaked.

"What the crap?! A talking head!!" I yelled, pointing at it. The eyes opened, bright yellow, and pupiless. The head frowned at me.

"Charlie..?"

A look of horror formed on my face, "How do you know my name?!"

The head rolled it's eyes. "It's me, Jack."

I blinked, "Ooohhh." then I frowned, "Your hair is orange and your eyes are yellow."

"Well, so's yours." he retorted, and I tipped my head forward to see that my hair was, in fact, in the same tiger stripe pattern as Jack's.

He started to get up, and I squawked. "Dude!! You're freaking naked!!" I quickly put my hands up to block it from my vision, "What the hell?!"

"Ahh, no way!!" He yelled, flushing bright red and using his hands to cover himself. "I forgot that I was in the shower!!"

Then he stopped, and looked around. "Speaking of which... where are we?"

I scanned the foresty area, and dread filled me. "We're back in the Naruto world.."

Jack grinned, "Really?! That's awesome!!"

"Yeah..." I smiled fakely, then sighed. "Go jump in that river. I'll go get you some clothes."

He stared at me a minute, then nodded. I walked away, hearing a splash just as I left the clearing. It wasn't much of a splash, though; Jack's captain of the swim team at our school.

I meandered toward mine and Zoey's apartment building; I guess it would be Jack's as well now.

I cannot believe this, though. I was finally back home, and then this happens. The world just has to ruin my peace, doesn't it?!

I sighed deeply, using the key in the letter box to unlock the door to my flat. I was just going to have to tough it out, until I find a way to get back.

I suppose I should become a shinobi again... I'll have more chance finding a way to get home if I travel out on missions and such.

I searched through my wardrobe, and found a pair of boy jeans (yes, I do wear boy clothes) that were far too big for me, but would fit Jack perfectly, since he's monster tall. I then found a navy hoodie, which would probably fit him too.

He'd have to go without underwear. I have some boy boxers ('cause, let's face it, they are SO much cooler than girl's underwear) but none would fit Jack. I suppose I could go ask Sasuke or Naruto, if they are even here, but I can't be bothered to walk there.

"Yo Jack, you gotta go commando." I called, dumping the clothes beside the lake, then turned away and sat down, waiting for him to change.

"What?!" Jack sounded shocked.

"Well, I'm sorry that you're so freakishly tall that none of my boxers fit you!!" I growled, and he stayed silent, but I could feel him glaring at me. Honestly.

"I'm dressed." I stood, and laughed out loud when I looked at him. He looked ridiculous.

"Shut up." He grumbled, and I suppressed my sniggers, but couldn't help the smirk of humour on my face.