Chapter 1

*This is the Sequel to my First Emblem3 Fanfic, Riptide*

Pat. Pat. Pat. I could feel something hitting me on the back lightly. I looked down and saw the little balls of paper that were now littering the floor. I glanced over my shoulder and shot Keaton a look. Seriously? I raised my eyebrows at him. He grinned at me and shook my head and laughed. He held up his hands and motioned for me to check my phone.

Turning my body to the front of the room I saw that Mrs. Burns now had her newspaper out, flipping through the pages to get to the section with the crossword puzzle. She always did the crossword puzzle when were doing textbook work. She was completely in the zone, caring more about her puzzle than what was actually going on in class. So, knowing that she wouldn't notice or care I slipped my phone out of my bag.

I finally bought an iPhone last month. It was about time, too. My crackberry was beginning to fail me. I unlocked my phone and found two new messages from Keaton.

Wes wanted me to ask you if you were coming to the game after school. It read. I made sure that my sound was off and then texted him back.

Of course I'm going. Haha, why didn't he just text me himself? I waited for a few seconds, but I saw that eaton was scribbling away in his notebook. While I waited for his response I decided to keep working on my notes too, I needed to hand them in by the end of class. I cracked open my Art History textbook and flipped back to the page that was written on the board in Mrs. Burns' chalky handwriting.

As I was jotting down the elements and principals of design used in renaissance painting, my phone lit up. Another text from Keaton.

Mom took it away after Prank Week. He's lucky she didn't make him give up Basketball. I laughed to myself. Classic Wes. Last week was what is known as Prank Week. It's an entire week where the seniors go around and pull practical jokes on the faculty- saran wrapping teacher's cars during free periods, hacking into the PA system so it would play Justin Bieber music every seventeen minutes... stuff like that.

Every year at the end of Prank Week, the senior class names someone the Prank King. Whoever managed to full off the craziest prank would be the champion. Unfortunately, this year Wes was in the running for Prank King, so he wanted to do something insane to ensure that he won the crown.

He organized a group of forty kids from the basketball and football teams and they went and TP'd twenty teacher's houses. Twenty. Everyone was so impressed that they named him King. Wes thought he was totally invincible after that stupid plastic crown was placed on his head. That is until Laraine heard from one of the other parents that Wes had organized the entire thing. I guess as punishment she made him fork over his cell phone.

Haha of course. How long is it gone for? I typed back.

Just a week. Keaton replied. I was about to respond when another text came through. Btw, are you sitting with us at lunch? Also from Keaton. By us I assumed he meant himself and his other friends. Sometimes I would go and sit with Keaton because I didn't really get tot see him a lot. The only class that we had together was Art History.

I sent him back an apology text, saying that I was sitting with Adrianna and Wes. He said it was cool and that he'd see me later.

There were only six minutes left in the period and my notes were starting to make less sense.

Michaelangelo... Sistine Chapel... celing...

The David...

Done. And just in time, too. The bell was going to ring in three seconds. I started gathering my books together and putting them in my bag. Mrs. Burns told us to put our notes on the desk in the front. On my way out I tore the pages out of my binder and put them on the pile. When I exited the classroom Keaton was already waiting for me outside.