Chapter 41

"The only bad thing about these parties is that the music sucks." Drew said over the bass pumping dubstep music. I nodded my head in agreement. Dubstep was definitely not my thing.

"How do people listen to this stuff, there aren't even any lyrics!" I said in amazement. Music has always been a big part of my life, it's how I define myself. Back when I had no idea where my dad was, music always offered me an escape. The lyrics to songs by Sublime, Blink 182, and Jack Johnson spoke to me and gave my life meaning in the darkest times. How people could listen to songs without words was beyond me.

"Eh when we're all totally plastered the music won't make a difference anyway." Drew shrugged his shoulders. I laughed, this was very true. I saw the front door open, and Wes stepped in. He had to go find a parking spot, so he let me go in ahead.

"Hey!" I said, skipping over to be next to him.

"Hey babe." He automatically wrapped his arm around me as he hi-fived a bunch of people from the football team. "Wow, this place is bigger than I remember." Wes said, looking up at the extremely high ceiling.

"Tell me about it. I think I overheard someone from the girl's soccer team saying that Jenna's family expanded an entire wing of the house since the last time we were here." I said. Taking in the giant foyer, I noticed that one of the hallways to the right definitely seemed bigger. Whatever contractor they hired sure worked fast. I saw a familiar redhead making her way through the crowd. I grabbed her by the arm lightly. "Jenna, hey! Great party!" I grinned at the girl.

"Thanks Avery!" She wrapped me in a hug. Well I guess it was a half hug. She wrapped one arm around me, for she was clutching a drink in her left hand. "Hey Wes, thanks for coming." She hugged him too. Wes wrapped his arms around her, but I wasn't jealous. I knew they were just friends. Plus, Jenna Prince was the nicest girl on the planet; she would never try to steal him or anything. "I've gotta go check on a few things, but have fun! Oh, and the pool's open if you guys wanna swim." She smiled and glided off to the snack table.

"Well, shall we mingle?" I asked.

"We shall." Wes replied. I grinned and we made our way into the crowd. I felt a huge knot forming in the pit of my stomach- I was going to college in the fall. It didn't really hit me until now. I probably wouldn't see half of the people in this house ever again. I know I've only lived in Huntington for about a year, but I felt more at home here than I ever did in New Jersey. Upon realizing all of this, I felt like bawling. So I did the only thing I could do: I grabbed the nearest person and hugged them to death.

"Haha, woah there. Avery, you okay?" The girl chuckled. I stepped back and looked at her.

"You know me?" I asked, surprised.

"Well yeah. You're the new girl who showed up on the first day of school dating one of the hottest guys in the Senior class." She laughed again. "That's bound to get you some attention. I chuckled too.

"I guess you're right." I grinned. But as I stared at the girl, my smile faded. "Oh my god, I'm so rude! You know me, but I don't even know what your name is!" I covered my face, embarrassed. Gosh, how could I be so stupid not to ask her for her name earlier? The girl brushed a lock of hair out of her eyes and smiled at me.

"I'm Tori, it's nice to actually meet you."

"You too. " I smiled, genuinely meaning it. "Where are you going to school in the fall?"

"I'm headed to Brown." She smiled. Wow, ivy league. That was impressive. "How about you?"

"I'm going to NYU." I beamed. Just the mere mention of my dream school made me so happy that I was actually attending. "It's been my dream school since Kindergarten." I joked.

"Well congratulations." She smiled at me, and I congratulated her as well. I saw my friends talking in the backyard, so I said goodbye and promised to add her on Facebook when I got home.

"Hey Ade, hey Jase." I greeted my friends who were talking to Drew and Wesley.

"Sup Aves." Jason grinned, using my nickname as well. I grinned back at them. "It's two AM and the place is still packed." I said in disbelief.

"Apparently, the party's just getting started." Drew pointed with the hand that was holding a plastic cup. I followed his line of vision over to the pool table in the game room. Which Jenna was now standing on.

"Oh wow." I said, trying not to laugh. I watched as Jenna was handed a microphone that was hooked up to a karaoke machine.

"Let's get this party started!! Who wants to go first?" Jenna giggled, obviously drunk off her ass. Apparently, so was I because my hand shot up into the air. "Yeah, Avery! Get up here!" Jenna grinned. I grabbed Wesley's hand.

"There's no way I'm gonna embarrass myself alone." I laughed.

"Haha, alright. Lead the way." Wesley grinned. We made our way to the pool table and flipped through the little book that came with the machine. I came across a familiar song on the list and couldn't get it out of my mind. "B-213." I pointed to the song. Wes looked over my shoulder and nodded.

"Hell yeah." He smirked. I hi-fived Jenna and she began to set up. Meanwhile, Wes and I climbed up onto the pool table. "You ready for this?" He laughed slighly to himself. I had horrible stage fright so he knew that I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't been drinking earlier.

"Not really." I chuckled. But what the hell, I was gonna go for it anyway.

"Well you're gonna kill it. Nice choice, by the way." He winked at me. I smiled to myself as the familiar notes of Zombie by the Cranberries started to play. I loved this song.

"Another head hangs lowly,

Child is slowly taken.

And the violence caused such silence.

Who are we mistaken?" Wes sang, looking over at me. I joined in on the bridge.

"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.

In your head, in your head they are fighting,

With their tanks and their bombs,

And their bombs and their guns.

In your head, in your head, they are crying..." I sang a harmony that gave off this really eerie, creepy vibe. It was awesome. I took the chorus alone because it was kind of high and Wes couldn't hit the notes. "

Zombie, zombie, zombie,

Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,

In your head,

Zombie, zombie, zombie?

Hey, hey, hey, hey, oh, dou, dou, dou, dou, dou..." After a few more verses the song faded out and Wes and I were both left breathless. I was so busy staring at him that I didn't realize everyone was applauding.

"Well, no offense to whoever's going next, but you can't really beat that." Jenna clapped for us, impressed with our performance.

"That was amazing!" I said, throwing my arms around my boyfriend.

"I wish it could always be like this." Wes said after we had leapt off the table. He leaned in and rested his forehead against mine. I cupped is cheeks in my hands.

"I know." I whispered.

Hey guys :) another chapter finished! :D I've attached a link to the song Zombie in the links, you should play it when Avery sings it, its an awesome song!!! I'll post again after 70 votes and 10 comments :)

Contest Time!!! What's your favorite song lyric of all time?? I'll pic my favorite and the winner gets a dedication ;)