Chapter 2

"Oh my god you and Jason!" I squealed at Brianna. She grinned and looked down at the floor shyly.

"You really think I have a chance?" She asked me as we walked over to my car. Or well my shared car. When we got there, Tyler was leaning against the hood typing away on his phone. When he heard me walking up, he lifted his hand up to his face in an attempt to block the sun.

"Oh hey, I was just about to text you." He said as he clicked the lock button on the top of his phone and slid it into his pocket. "Hey Bri." He winked at her. She waved back to him, but didn't think much of it. As she slid into the back seat I gave Tyler a look.

"What?" He asked after the door was safely closed and Brianna was out of earshot.

"Nothing." I tried to hide the smirk on my face but I didn't do a very good job of it. He likes herrrrrr. It was so obvious. Tyler just shot me a weird look and slowly opened the door to get into the driver's seat. Yeah, okay Ty. Keep looking at me like I'm crazy.

"So where to ladies?" Tyler asked turning out of the school parking lot. 

"Lindsey's house." I told him.

"Bitchy Lindsey or artsy Lindsey?" He asked with his eyes fixated on the road.

"Bitchy Lindsey." Brianna and I answered in unison. Tyler laughed from the seat next to me.

"I can't believe you guys call her that." She shook his head still laughing. I smiled slightly.

"Well it's not like she doesn't deserve it!" I said. Lindsey's probably the only person on the planet that I can't stand. On the first day, before she knew I was friends with Jase she took all of my clothes before gym and threw them into the fountain. No joke. My thoughts were interrupted by Tyler's roaring laughter.

"Seriously? She's actually that desperate?" He asked.

"Yeah, she was practically strewn across his lap during lunch today." Brianna added. Ohhhh. They were talking about Lindsey and Bryan.

"Oh, we don't have to pick up Adrianna, she drove to school today so she's just going to meet us there." I told Tyler before he had the chance to turn. He nodded and flipped off his turn signal. Instead, he switched into the right lane and made turned onto Lindsey's street.

"Here you go." Tyler parked on the side of the road in front of a huge tan house surrounded by palm trees. As Brianna and I were getting out Tyler rolled the window down. "Do you guys need a ride after the game?" 

"Nah. Wes and Jason said they could take us." I replied.

"Ok. Cool. I'll see you guys at the after party then." Brianna and I were waving good-bye when Adrianna pulled up.

"Ugh, sorry. I would've been here sooner but Lindsey texted me to get a bunch of stuff." She said holding a bunch of plastic shopping bags on her arms.

"It's cool. We just got here... What's in the bags?" I asked. Adrianna stuck her hand into one of the bags and started moving things around.

"Uhhh some hair ribbon, face paint, body glitter..." I made a face and Adrianna and Brianna laughed.

"Seriously, we're going to be so sparkly that the guys'll get distracted and miss their shots." I joked. It was unlikely to happen, but I would try anything to get out of wearing this stuff.

When Lindsey answered the door she glared at us. "You're late." She said. God, how did Jason ever see any redeeming qualities in this girl? She ushered us inside but paused at Brianna. "Who gave you their jersey?" She asked.

"Jason did." Adrianna responded for her with intentional sass. Lindsey smirked.

"Well I'm glad he found someone to wear it." She said. "But it doesn't matter because I've got a different idea." She led us into the living room where the other girls were already sitting. Lindsey clapped her hands and everyone closed out of twitter to pay attention.

"Why are we here so early?" I heard someone say.

"And what's with all the glitter?" Another girl asked. I looked in the direction that the girl was pointing. Lindsey had added all of the stuff that Adrianna brought to a pile of super glittery accessories and make up. Lindsey being Lindsey ignored all the questions and continued to speak.

"As you guys know, the championship game is a big deal. We need to be there fully supporting HBHS with spirit." She said. All right, that's understandable. But what makes today so super different? We always show school spirit. "And because we want the boys to play the best that they can, I had these made." She grinned and snapped her fingers and two guys that I had never seen before carried in a cardboard box. 

We all waited in anticipation for Lindsey to pull out whatever that box contained. She blocked our view with her body as she pulled a bunch of black fabric. When the articles were all folded she turned back around holding up a little black sports bra with "Oilers Basketball" written across it in orange. That's our team name if you were wondering. 

"I was thinking we could wear these with matching spandex and then write our guy's number on our stomachs." Lindsey said grinning. Adrianna and I exchanged looks that said 'are you fucking serious?' Of course Lindsey would turn the biggest game of the season into an excuse to be a hoe.

But there was no use arguing with her. So, for the next few minutes I sat in a chair as Adrianna wove orange and black ribbons into my ponytail. She grabbed an orange bow from the accessory table and fastened it over my hair tie. I looked at it in the mirror and smiled. Ugh Adrianna was a hair wizard.

"Oh my god Ade, this looks amazing!" I told her.

"Glad you like it!" She chirped. "Can you do mine?"

"Yeah, but it's not going to look as good as you made mine look." I laughed. 

When our hair was all done and make up finished, it was time to put on my "Spirit bra". Adrianna tossed a pair of matching orange spandex to me. When it came time to paint Wes's number on my stomach I couldn't do it.

"Hey Bri, you wanna write number 3 on my stomach? I'm afraid it's going to come out backwards if I do it upside down." Brianna laughed and took the orange body paint off the table. It took a while to paint the number on me because the brush tickled so much. Bri had to keep stopping because she didn't want to smudge the paint and make the number three look like a cartoon snake.

When everyone was fully dressed, we all packed into our cars and drove to the school. We all gathered outside the metal doors of the gymnasium. When the buzzer went off to signal the end of warm ups, we opened the door and jogged onto the wooden floor cheering.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading :D What did you guys think of this chapter? What do you think of Lindsey? Haha. 20 votes for the next chapter! :)