Chapter 13

The lobby was completely packed with plastic chairs. I couldn't even tell what color they were because every single one was occupied by a different act. Wow, this looks way more intense than it does on televesion. I let my eyes wander back and forth around the room, noticing something new each time. 

Everyone was in the zone just belting it out in the middle of the room. I have no idea how people could do that. I'm terrified of singing in public, let alone on television. There was this one girl in front of us on that seemed really good. She was humming a Christina Aguilera song that I didn't quite know the name of. As if just reading my mind she turned around. The guy next to her turned as well, so I figured that was her boyfriend.

"Hi, I'm Cece." She said smiling. There was a trail of cheetah spots that ran down her face from the corner of her forehead. It surprisingly looked pretty good on her. I would never be able to pull that off.

"Avery. Nice cheetah print!" I said pointing to her face. "Is that a tattoo?" She shook her head and laughed.

"No, I'm not that insane! It's just eyeliner." That made it even more impressive. I would never be able to draw anything like that.

"Cool!" I grinned back at her. She was really funny, and she had good style. She definitely had the X Factor in my opinion. I couldn't wait to see her audition.

"So are you auditioning?" She asked me. A small chuckle escaped my lips.

"Haha, no. I'm just here supporting my boyfriend's band." I pointed outside to where Wes, Drew and Keaton were grinding away on their skateboards. A camera crew was filming them riding around the parking lot. 

"Oooh which one's yours? Is it the brunette? He's cute." She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Yep, that's Wesley." I smiled. We were almost at the front of the line. Only three people stood between me and the registration table. I told the boys that I would pick up their registration numbers. Because they were invited to audition, the production department wanted them to do a small interview before they auditions.

"Well I hope I get to see their audition, they seem fun!" She said watching them skate around.

"Next!" the woman at the sign in table announced. We moved up in line.

"And I hope I get to see you! What song are you doing?" I asked with curiosity.

"Unchained Melody." She smiled.

"By the Righteous Brothers? Cool." I said

"Yeah but with my own little twist." She beamed and I could tell she wasn't really one of those performers who got nervous. She got her audition number, fastened it to the front of her shirt and hugged me. "It was really great meeting you Avery! Hopefully I'll see you and your boy at the live shows!" And with that she bounced away with her boyfriend hand in hand. Wow, she seemed really nice. 

Finally it was my turn at the sign in table. "Hi, my name is Avery Brayden, I'm checking in on behalf of Emblem3." I told the woman. She pushed a few keys on her laptop, double checked her printed out list and handed me 3 audition tags with the same number.

At first that confused me, but I guess it made sense because they were performing as one act. "Thank you!" I happily accepted the stickers and trailed back outside to the boys.

"Wow, that took forever." Adrianna said as I approached.

"Tell me about it." I took a deep breath in. My shoulders finally relaxed when I exhaled. "Anyway, here you guys go." I handed each of the boys a number. Drew and Keaton managed to put their sticker on normally, but Wes was about to stick his on crooked. I laughed and intercepted the sticker before it made contact with his tanktop. He smirked at me and I shook my head as I smoothed the number the red, soft cotton covering his abs. 

He shrugged a longsleeved shirt over his shoulders and kissed me on the cheek. "Thanks babe." I blushed slightly and nuzzled into his shoulder. 

"No problem. You guys ready?" Drew, Wes and Keaton paused for a second. They were all looking up at the towering stadium with awe and nervousness. I can't imagine what must be going on in their minds right now. I reached my hand up and flipped Wes's snapback around so he was wearing it backwards. He smiled up at the stadium.

"Yeah. We're ready." And with that we all walked in as a group. Me, the boys, Adrianna, Owen, Jason, Kyle, and Kenny. Together.

"708508?" A male voice asked from the stage door. The boys stood up. "You guys are on in five. Come with me." Keaton turned completely pale. It must have just sunk in for him that it was time. I put my hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"Keats you got this." I told him

"What if they don't like us?" He asked nervously. 

"Keaton, you guys are going to kill it. Trust me." The look on his face softened. It looked like I may have actually made him feel better.

"Thanks Aves." He got out of his seat and walked a little taller to the door. Adrianna and I followed them up the stairs. When we got to the stage I could hear the crowd chattering away. I caught a glimpse of all the people and almost threw up. Holy shit there must be like ten thousand people out there! I slowly backed away from the stage. Wow, that made me really anxious. I decided to keep my thoughts to myself though, I didn't want to freak the boys out. 

There was only one boy sitting backstage when we got there. Judging from his number he was the kid going on right before the boys. The stage director told the boys to sit down next to him. The rest of us just kind of gathered in front of them. We had to move though because the camera guy bounded up the steps and started shooting some footage of them.

"I'm Vince." The guy in the seat next to Wesley identified himself. The boys shook hands and went away chatting. 

"I'm Wes."

"Keaton."

"Drew."

"Are you guys nervous?" Vince asked the boys. They shook their heads no, but even a guy they just met could see right through them. "No worries. I've done the whole singing thing before. I was in this boyband called US 5, we were kind of like the backstreet boys of Europe." Wow, this guy has a lot of experience. "Anyway, if there's anything I've learned from being on tour these last few years, it would be to just go out there and have fun."

"Vincent Tomas! You're up." He was ushered onto the stage .

"Thanks man!" Drew called out but I doubt Vince heard it. The noise from the crowd was completely overwhelming.

The boys crowded around the edge of the curtain and watched Vince's audition. Before the judges gave their two cents, they turned around.

"He was okay..." Keaton said. The guys shrugged and didn't really say anything more. SImon on the other hand had a lot to say. And none of it was very nice.

"It's going to be a no from me." The last judge said. Vince stormed off the stage and the cameras chased after him down the hall. 

Okay, now the boys looked nervous.

"Emblem3? You're on."

EEEEEEEP. THE AUDITION CHAPTER IS THE NEXT CHAPTER :O 

omg omg omg hahahaha

Guys I'm excited :) 40 votes for the next chapter!!!!! btw, what do you guys think of the new cover. Photo of Vincent Tomas to the side if you didn't watch the boys on X Factor :) VInce follows me on twitter guys, be jealous lol :)