Chapter 35

"So how was your night?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I whipped around to face Adrianna. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Nothing, I was just asking... should it have meant something?" She moved closer.

"Uh no." I was a shit liar. "Nope, I'm all good. How was your night last night? Did you do anything fun? And are you doing something different with your hair? It looks nice-"

"Spill it." Adrianna crossed her arms across her chest. I sighed and sat down.

"Okay so there might be something I need to tell you..." I bit my lip.

"Oh okay, wow. This actually sounds serious." She sank down onto the couch."What's up?"

"Uh, so..." I trailed off. This was kind of awkward for a lot of reasons. Most obviously being the fact that it was my first time. Second was that Drew and Adrianna were on a break. I feel like I would be rubbing my relationship in her face by telling her. But she was my best friend, I had to tell her.

"Come on Avery! Out with it already! It's not like you robbed a bank, or swiped your v-card." She laughed. I opened my eyes so wide I'm surprised they didn't pop out of my head.

"Echermmm." I coughed uncomfortably.

"Oh my god, no way." She jumped up and grabbed me by the shoulders. "No freaking way." Adrianna squealed. "You don't have the balls to rob a bank, so I'm assuming we're talking about the second situation here?" She was grinning at me.

"Yeah." I smiled sheepishly.

"Oh my god, Avery! This is a huge deal! Oh my goddddd!" She grabbed my hands and jumped up and down. "Wait okay how was it?"

 "It was... nice." I blushed. "Wes was really sweet about it." She let go of my hands and flopped back down on the couch- this time her body splayed out awkwardly across the entire loveseat.

"Ugh, can I have your life please?" She laughed. "I mean my boyfriend isn't even exactly my boyfriend anymore." Adrianna said sadly.

"Come on Ade, Drew's hands are tied. Three months, that's it." I patted her shoulder supportively. She buried her head in her hands, but didn't shed any tears. She was more stressed out about the situation than upset.

"And then we're free to date in secret." She frowned. I froze; I completely forgot about that. No one was allowed to know that Wes and I were going out. No one at school, no one from the pier. I had to be kept from the world like a dirty little secret. And let me tell you, it's not as fun as the song makes it seem. "Oh my god, Avery I'm so sorry." She facepalmed. "Okay." She perked up for my sake. "I want details now."

"We are so not discussing this!" I laughed, trying to get up from the sofa. Adrianna tugged me back down as expected.

"Oh we so are. So... did it hurt?" Her voice dropped down to a whisper.

"Not as much as I thought it would." I found myself admitting.

"Is it because it wasn't... you know..." Adrianna nudged me. I turned as red as a tomato. Wait, no. Redder than a tomato. What's redder than a tomato? I was so embarrassed that the tomato wouldn't do my flushing cheeks justice.

"No, that definitely wasn't the problem." I chuckled. And then clamped my hand over my mouth. "Oh my god." Adrianna's mouth fell open in surprise.

"Oh, wow. Okay." She nodded approvingly. I can't believe we were discussing my boyfriend's uh... package right now.

"I can not believe we're talking about this." I laughed and hid my face.

"Well we have to. I'm your best friend! And now that the two of you have slept together-"

"Please, spare me all the 'now you're a woman' bull shit." I kicked her lightly with my foot.

"Haha, with pleasure." She laughed. "So who else knows?"

"Just you. And well Wes." I smiled.

"Well Avery Brayden, I am honored. Do you think Wes told anyone?" That was a good question.

"Hmm, I have no idea actually. It's different for guys I think." I sat there thinking.

"The only people he would probably talk to about it are Drew and maybe Kea-"

"Oh my god, do you think he would tell Keaton? Wouldn't that be... weird?" I choked out a laugh.

"Wes is his brother and you're one of his best friends." She said, slowly registering the words as they came out of her mouth. "Yeah, okay that would be super weird." I joined her as she cracked up.

"Now I'm totally thinking about it." I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Like what do guys do after having sex with their girlfriends? I mean do they go around screaming it to the world? Do they even tell anyone?"

"The male brain is a subject in which I will never know enough." Adrianna admitted. "Oh! I almost forgot!" She hopped off the couch and ran out of the room. She emerged from her kitchen, her leather satchel in hand. "This came for me yesterday." She was clutching a crisp, white envelope in her hands. An envelope stamped with the purple NYU seal in the top right corner.

"I got mine yesterday too." I tried to keep a neutral expression, not letting anything give away the fact that I got in.

"And?" She asked.

"And I got in." I gave her a small smile.

"Good, because now I won't feel bad for overshadowing your news." She bit her bottom lip in attempt to hide her smile. "I got in too!" She squealed. I jumped up to my feet and hugged her to death.

"We're going to college together!!!" I screamed with joy. We were in the middle of happy dancing when Owen trailed in from upstairs.

"Owen we both got in!" Adrianna told her brother.

"Wow, look at you guys. A couple of best friends heading to college together!" Owen laughed at our giddiness.

"Ugh yes! This day couldn't get any better!" I hugged Adrianna again.

"It could." Owen whipped out an envelope from behind his back. One that was also imprinted with the NYU logo. "You guys got any room left in the car?" He grinned.

"Eeeeeeee!" Adrianna and I squealed again, this time jumping on Owen.

"We're going to college! We're going to college!" Adrianna and I sang in unison.

Now the only thing left was to tell Wesley that I was moving halfway across the country. No big deal, right? Wrong.

Hey guys!! Another chapter finished!! :)

How do you think Wes is going to take the news?

70 votes and 10 comments and you guys get to find out ;)