Chapter 12

At first Rick was skeptical about me skipping school to go to the audition, but eventually he came around. I honestly don't even remember much about that talk. There were so many butterflies fluttering around in my stomach I couldn't concentrate.

We decided to take two cars; The guys drove in one car and Jason, Adrianna and I would drive in the other. Originally we were only going to take one car, but then we wouldn't have enough room for all of us; Kenny and Kyle were coming to the audition too. So we decided to let the band ride in one car and we would take the other. I could tell it was going to be weird for the boys, performing without Kyle and Kenny. The X Factor was more of a vocalist friendly competition, it wasn't designed for bands. And since Kenny and Kyle weren't vocalists, they decided to sit this one out. Now Emblem3 was actually just three people.

The other guys had such a great attitude about everything though. Kenny and Kyle wanted the band to succeed even if they weren't in it anymore. I thought that was very admirable of them.

I pulled on a cute top and fixed my hair one more time. These were the auditions in front of the judges, I had to look good in case they did that thing where the camera shows the act's friends and family backstage and stuff. I heard someone honking the horn outside. Adrianna's here. I slid the box of Cheerios over to my dad, who was just entering the kitchen to eat before work.

"Don't make me regret this." My dad wagged his spoon at me. I laughed taking in his neatly pressed suit and rainbow bowl full of Cheerios.

"No worries, dad. I'll be fine." I slung my bag over my shoulder and bounded out the door to Adrianna's car. I heard her click the unlock button and I grasped the door handle. " Hey." I said climbing in to the passenger's seat.

"Hey." I heard a deep voice say from the backseat. I jumped and almost hit my head on the car ceiling. I whipped my head around and locked eyes with someone I hadn't seen in weeks.

"Owen!" I smiled. I tried to hug him or something, but I couldn't because I was sitting in the front seat. He took note of my struggle and chuckled.

"Well it's glad to see you haven't changed." He laughed shaking his head at my usual frazzled persona. 

"Are you coming to the audition?" I asked. He nodded and said that he wouldn't miss it. I grinned. Ever since school started the guys have been super chill around Owen. He started coming to the bands' gigs and parties with his girlfriend, Savannah and the tension between Owen and the guys kind of melted. It was great to see that everyone was finally getting along.

We continued talking about school and music until we pulled up to Jason's house. He shuffled down the porch steps and slid into the backseat, catching sight of Owen.

"Fisher! What's up man? Haven't seen you in forever!" Jason gave Owen one of those bro handshakes.

"I'm good man, you? I Heard you had quite the championship game! Are you guys practicing for states?" Owen said. Ugh, I've had enough of basketball. I said a quick hello to Jason and then turned around to face front. 

"Did you have coffee yet?" Adrianna asked me. Shoot I forgot to pour a cup this morning.

"Nope." I said slightly annoyed with myself. C'mon Aves, you forgot about pushing the 'brew' button after putting the K-cup in the Keurig machine. 

"Good. Me either." Before getting on the highway Adrianna pulled into the drive-thru Starbucks.

"Bless your soul." I said as she pulled up to the order window. She ordered two iced caramel machiattos for us, and two hot chocolates for the boys who surprisingly both hated coffee. After that we were all set.

Within the hour we were pulling up to the stadium. Wow, this place was completely packed. How the hell were we going to find the guys? Apparently the guys saw us becasue a text from Wes popped up on my home screen. 

At the registration table. Got u guys admission bracelets :)

"They're up at the registration table already." I told everyone as we got out of the car. I brought my hand up to shade my eyes from the sun. I caught a glimpse of the registration table. Shit that was going to be a long walk. "Arghhhh we have to walk all the way up thereeee." I whined. 

"You don't wanna walk? No prob babe, hop on." A heard someone say. The voice belonged to a super tall and lanky skater guy. Who was standing on a skateboard and held a second one in his hand.

"I don't think so." I laughed looking back at Adrianna giving her the who does this guy think he is? look. She laughed and glanced over at the guy hesitantly as his friends rolled up on their boards.

"What's the matter blondie? You don't skate?" The guy said looking back at his friends laughing. A new sense of confidence overcame me and I glared at the skateboard in his hand.

"Quite the opposite actually." I held out my hand and the guy handed me his extra board. I glanced back at Adrianna and she nodded, opening the trunk of her car. She pulled out her board. A round of 'Oooohs' came from the skater pack. Adrianna tossed Owen her keys.

"Lock up for me bro." She said. I put the board on the ground and rolled it under my foot a little. It rolled easily over the pavement. Relatively new, I thought. Frequently used, wheels slightly loose. Perfect. It felt just like my own board. Except mine didn't have a skull with a creepy serpent weaving through it. Thankfully. I looked at Adrianna and smiled at me. It was time to put these assholes in their place.

We both kicked off simultaneously and rocketed through the crowds of people. I glanced back and saw the pack of guys standing there in shock. I didn't need to do anything to show off, just the idea of seeing a girl ride a skate board was shocking enough for them. It was written all over their previously smug little faces. It took the one guy a while to realize that I still had his board because he gathered his friends and tried to catch up. Adrianna and I laughed and took our sweet time, sipping our coffee while navigating the crowds.

I eased the board to a complete stop in front of five boys with confused expressions. Wes glanced down at the board under my feet? "Haha what's with the skull Aves? Trying out a new look?" He laughed. A few seconds later the skaters pulled up.

"Okay. That was pretty sick." The guy said. I kickflipped the board up into my hand and passed it back to the boy. He took it back hesitantly as if I had bewitched it with magic powers or something.

"No worries I don't have cooties." I said smugly. I meant it to come off as a little rude, but the guy didn't seem to think so. I guess he was still kind of impressed.

"Feisty. Okay, I guess I deserve it. Trevor." He stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"Avery." I shook it. "And this is Adrianna." I told him. He nodded his head in her direction and shook her hand too. 

"Are you guys auditioning?" He asked. 

"No, our boyfriends are in a band." I gestured over to Wes and Drew and they stuck their hands up to wave. Just wanted to make sure Trevor didn't get the wrong idea about talking to us here. He grinned. 

"What kind of music do you guys play?" He asked.

"Like Sublime kind of stuff. We're also kind of into pop punk." Drew said. 

"Sweet. At least I know there's gonna be one good act out there today." Trevor said.

"Are you auditioning?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm just here to watch. Sitting in the audience, you know. I'll be sure to watch out for you guys." He said. Trevor shook hands with the band and wished them luck on their audition. And that's when it really hit me. 

Today, the boys' lives were going to change forever.

Hey guys :) Hoped you liked this chapter!!! 35 votes for the next one! Btw, a picture of Trevor is to the side :D