Chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of dishes clattering in the kitchen. I rolled over and grunted. Ugh it was too early for this. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of the clock. Even without my contacts in I could make out the numbers. 11:21. Okay, maybe it wasn't that early.

I didn't even bother changing out of my pajamas. That was one of the things I loved about living with my dad; I could wear my pajamas all day if I wanted to. My mom hated when I slept in late and came downstairs looking unkempt after just rolling out of bed. So since that rule was non-existent here, I was making the most of it.

"Really Averanda?" My mom asked eyeing my plaid flannel pants. That's another thing, since my mom got here she's been calling me by my full name more often. I hadn't seen her in a few months, and the second she returns she's treating me like a different person. I stuck my tongue out at her nonetheless.

"It's Rick's house." I said. She sighed.

"Fine. Do what you want." I grinned and sat down at the table.  My mom had cooked some pancakes and there were still plenty left piled up on a ceramic plate. I was surprised at how many were still left, my dad probably ate before going to work. I glanced over and saw the extra place setting. Ohh, Tyler must not have gotten up yet.

At that moment Tyler came strolling into the kitchen in a tank top and flannel pajama pants, basically the same thing I was wearing.

"Ridiculous!" My mother threw her hands up in the air. I laughed and knocked fists with Tyler as he walked past. 

"Yes pancakes, I'm starving." Tyler said scooting the plate over to him. "Thanks Tess." He smiled at my mom. She grinned back at him. My mom really liked Tyler, I could tell. I think she was also proud of my dad for taking him in.

"I'm going to the farmers market before it closes, I'll be back in about an hour or so. Do you guys want anything?" My mom asked, grabbing her phone.

"No we're fine. Do you need a ride?" I asked, not really willing to part with my pancakes just yet.

"Nope. Selene's just texted me saying that she's out front." My mom replied. She texts now?! What else has happened in my absence. As she was walking into the foyer she spun around to face me. "Oh, and before I forget, Talia called an hour ago for you. I told her that you weren't up yet, and she asked me to tell you to Skype her later." 

Oh yeah. My old friends. This might sound bad, but I didn't find myself missing Talia and Katie very much. I'm just so busy with my new life that I kind of forgot about my old one. Sure we still text and Skype each other, but I've never asked them to come visit; and they've never offered. Maybe we just weren't as close as I thought we were.

"Hey Aves can you pass the butter?" Tyler asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded and slid the wax wrapped stick across the table.

"Syrup?" I asked him pointing to the bottle. He picked it up from it's spot on the corner of the table and passed it to me. I flipped open the cap and watched hungrily as the amber colored liquid flowed over my pancakes.

"Hey what are you doing today?" Tyler asked, his mouth full of pancake.

"A bunch of people are coming over today just to hang and see my mom." I replied pushing the food around my plate. I took a sip of orange juice and took a few more bites.

"The usual crew?" He asked and I nodded.

"Adrianna, the guys, and Owen. You remember him?"

"Yeah. Adrianna's brother right?"

"Mhmmm. Yeah, he goes to Westminster." I told him. I remember practically begging Owen to enroll in HBHS with Adrianna and me. He almost did too, until he decided to stay to be with his new girlfriend. At first I was kind of mad that he would give up his chance to be at school with his best friends for a girl. But then I realized that I basically did the same thing.

I left my life in New Jersey for Wes. Well, and Adrianna, Drew and Keaton too, but mainly Wes. I knew what it meant to to love someone so much that you couldn't bear being with them all the time. 

"What about Bri?" He asked trying to be casual. I've only been living with this kid for a few months, but I could tell when he was hiding something.

"Tyyyyyyyy!" I said in a sing-song voice. I could have sworn he was blushing right now. "You like her!"

"No. I was just wondering." He said shoving more pancake into his mouth. I just stared at him smiling, trying to get him to crack. Nothing. Just silence. "Well that's too bad. Because you know she's one of my best friends. And maybe, I could find out if she has a thing for you." I smirked. Oh my god, I was killing him here.

"You could... you know- just ask her anyway. Not because I like her, but just to know. You know?" He said making a face that totally gave it away. I gave him a smile that said 'it's okay you like her. I support you'. He seemed to get the message and he went back to his food.

"I'll ask."

"Cool. Thanks." He smiled at me.

Even though he's not my real brother, I feel like I've known him all my life.

Hi guys :D hope you liked it!!!!!!!! Hmmm 40 votes for the next chapter? If it doesn't reach I'll probably post it anyway, but help me out guys, I'm trying to get my story out there :)

I love all of you so much for reading my stories. All of your votes and comments make my day! 

Btw, a picture of Jason is on the side :)