Chapter 46

Hello readers, if you are in the middle of watching a season of Gossip Girl, I reccomend not reading this chapter. There are a few spoilers, haha :)

"Mrmhhhfmpph." I rolled over in my bed in attempts to swat away whatever was poking me.

"Come on Aves, get up." A familiar voice whispered. I immeidately sat up in my bed to greet Wes.

"Hey!" I grinned, kissing him quickly on the cheek. I had only been without him for a few hours, but even that was long enough. "What time is it?" I yawned, suddenly remembering that I was tired.

"It's about 8:30. At night." Wes laughed, leaning against the headboard of my bed. That's right, I had spent the entire day at Central Park with Keaton, and I was completely exhausted by the time I got back to my room. "Come on, we're going out." He nudged me in the shoulder. I groaned, but eventually heaved myself out of bed.

I changed into some fresh clothes, nothing fancy- just something that didn't make it seem like I just rolled out of bed. And it was pretty dark out already, so i didn't both putting on much makeup.

"Okay, I'm ready!" i said, slipping on my Vans. "Is there any chance that this little excursion is going to involve some food? Because I'm starving." I patted my stomach dramatically.

"It technically wouldn't be a date if I didn't but you dinner first." Wes grinned down at me as we left my dorm.

"So you are getting me food!" I cheered happily.

"Really, that's what you got out of that sentence?" Wes laughed incredulously. I punched him in the shoulder playfully and he responded by grabbing my hand in his own. The streets were bustling and bright from all the lights and the sidewalks were equally as packed. Ah New York, the city that never sleeps. I was enjoying it now, but I as pretty positive that the fact that the streets were always busy could get annoying.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked, swinging our hands back and forth like one of those cutesy movie couples.

"You'll seeeeeee. But you'll like it, I promise." He grinned at me. We ran down the steps to the subway and caught a train headed towards the upper east side. I smiled down at my hand that was still holding on to Wesley's as he led me through the crowds to a quiet little cafe.

After about an hour of laughing and eating one of the best paninis I've ever had, we stepped outside again and continued our walk. Being the perfect gentleman that he was, Wes bought me a frozen lemonade, and I accepted it happily as I continued to stroll by his side.

"Oh my god, you didn't." My mouth dropped open and I punched him in the shoulder.

"But I did." He wiggled his eyebrows at me; knowing that this was the coolest thing ever. "And ow!" He laughed, rubbing his bicep. "What was that for? I didn't tease you this time."

"I punch when I get excited too." I chuckled, grabbing his hand. I had to just give myself a minute to take in the scene. The Metropolitan Museum looked even more magical under the street lights. "Can we... sit on the steps?" I asked giddily.

"I knew you couldn't resist your Gossip Girl moment." He grinned wickedly, letting me drag him over to the stairs. I tried to sit down gracefully, feeling the cool concrete against my short-clad legs.

"Oh my god, I feel so powerful." I chuckled, taking in the moment. Wes sat down next to me, and it took all I had not to dump an imaginary cup of yogurt on his head. As the official queen of Constance, I had to sit above everyone. Oh my god, I really do feel powerful. "I am having a serious Blair Waldorf moment right now." I squealed happily.

"If you're Blair, then who does that make me? Chuck? Louis? Dan maybe-"

"No, no, no. You're definitely Chuck." I said plainly.

"What? We don't know that Chuck and Blair definitely end up together! What if she tries to fix things with Louis? Or if she decides to try it again with Dan?" He protested. "Season six needs to get here already." Wes added. I tried not to laugh at how much he actually enjoyed the show.

"Chuck and Blair are meant to be. He's finally abandoned his womanizing ways; she wears an engagement ring around her neck for God's sake." I laughed. "No matter what happens in season six, Chuck and Blair will finally be together." I sighed.

"Okay, well if I'm Chuck, then who's Dan?" He asked.

"I'm going to say that Drew is Dan." I stated, running through the comparisons in my mind. "I can definitely see Drew as the tortured artist type." I nodded.

"And I think Adrianna is Serena." Wes agreed.

"Really? You think Serena and Dan are going to get back together?" I scrunched up my face. "That would be kind of weird."

"Oh definitely. Since Lily left Rufus to be with Bart again, Serena and Dan are getting back together." Wes stated firmly. I shook my head. I still saw Dan getting back together with Vanessa or something. "Oh my god, I can't believe I just said that. You have turned me into such a chick." He nudged me in the shoulder with his elbow.

"Oh please, you love it and you know it!" I laughed.

"So did you like the surprise?" He asked me, gesturing to where we were sitting. The steps of the Met, believe it or not, actually had a pretty good view. People were constantly walking past, all rushing to get to someplace or other. It was kind of relaxing as I had nowhere to go; I could just sit and watch. It was very peaceful. The stars also lit up the city, bouncing off the glass buildings creating a sort of magical effect that I couldn't explain.

"Like it? I love it." I leaned in to kiss him. "Just get me a blazer and a headband and I could be cast as a season extra." I winked. I looked back out at the city and yawned, I was getting tired again.

"It's pretty late, let me take you back to your dorm." Wes gave me a cute smile with dimples and everything.

"Taking me all the way across town, how gentlemanly." I laughed, accepting his hand as he pulled me to my feet.

"I hope you wouldn't expect anything less, I'm Chuck Bass." And with that he winked and offered me his arm. Immediately my knees went weak.

I don't think I have ever loved him as much as I did in that moment.

Woohoo :) hahaha omg the gossip girl references :D :D :D LOL, if you're in the middle of one of the seasons of GG I am so sorry! I hope I didn't just make you throw your computer across the room in rage! Anyway, 70 votes and 10 comments for the next update! There's a pretty new chapter of Miss Cleopatra up atm too! GO check that out for the early update!

Btw, since some of you were asking, there's a picture of Avery's Dad, Rick to the side :)