Chapter 54

Ugh, flying across the country was seriously starting to wipe me out. At least this time, we were flying east to west, so we gained a few hours as opposed to losing them. Adrianna, Owen, and I all flew home together for Winter Break tonight.

We wanted to buy the cheapest tickets; which at first seemed like a pretty good idea. Little did we know that we would actually be exhausted leaving New York at one in the morning.

"Ugh, I'm so damn tired! I just want to get home." Adrianna whined as we exited the plane and stepped into the airport terminal. I looked around the airport, relatively surprised. I mean I know it was the middle of the night, but it was dead empty. And for LAX, that was pretty surprising.

"I would just like to say that I thought this was a bad idea all along." I butted into the conversation. With tired eyes, both Adrianna and I turned to glare at Owen. Who was indeed the mastermind behind our travel plans.

"You know that it would be 6:30 in New York right now?" Adrianna said wistfully. She was probably thinking about the fact that we would still be asleep if it were any other day, but I was more focused on the fact that we have been up for nearly 24 hours now. I tried to get some sleep on the plane, but that just wasn't happening. Owen had bought a bunch of candy at one of the gift shops back at La Guardia, and he was bouncing off the walls the entire flight.

"And right now it is... 3:30. In the morning." I grumbled, switching the clock on my iPhone so it was back in the Los Angeles time zone. As Adrianna and I both continued to glare at her brother, he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Okay, so maybe my travel math needs a little work. But hey, we each saved over sixty bucks each on tickets. So in my opinion this was a win." Well... he had a point there. If we had taken a normally timed flight with normal people, we would have lost a lot of money. And our seats wouldn't have even been together because we bought the tickets so late.

"And at least we're finally here." I sighed. The hardest part was over. Now we just needed to drive home and I could get to sleep. "Have you guys heard anything from Tyler?" My phone had died on the flight, so I couldn't tell if he was here yet. The fact that I was playing hard core Candy Crush waiting for our flight to board back in New York was probably the cause.

"Yeah." Owen had his eyes on his phone. "He's outside door number four." The three of us skipped the baggage claim because we didn't have to haul our entire lives back to the west coast. We each just brought a small carry on full of necessities. We all had a fair amount of clothing still waiting in our closets at home.

"Thank God!" I ran towards Tyler as soon as I saw him, but Adrianna beat me to him. His arms were open to hug her, but as soon as the two made contact, I saw Adrianna break apart.

"Guys I've got the keys!" She brandished the metal d-ring in the air victoriously. Knitting his brows, Tyler patted his back pocket and widened his eyes. The little devil had stolen the keys right off his body and he didn't even relize it until Adrianna was squirming into the passenger's seat. I looked at Ty and let out a huge laugh.

"Well, uh..." He scratched the back of his head. "Shall we go?" I ran up and hugged my brother, laughing again.

"Sorry, she's just really tired." As I said this I yawned.

"No kidding. Come on, we've got about an hour drive back to Huntington. Well, maybe forty minutes judging by the fact it's three in the morning." And that was the last thing I heard before passing out in the backseat. Heck, I'm not even sure how I got upstairs and into bed.

* * * * *

"Well good morning, sunshine." I entered the kitchen to find my dad, smiling over the stove cooking pancakes.

"Oh my God, you're so lame." I laughed. I wouldn't admit it, but I really missed my dad.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." He grinned. "So tell me everything! How's school? Is the workload heavy? How are your classes?" Rick pestered me with questions and I responded with a groan. "Well, I guess it's the same as high school. Even though you're away at college, you still hate talking about school." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue. "And I can see you're still as mature as you were in high school too." He teased.

"Just fork over the pancakes old man." I joked.

A few hours later, I was standing in front of my closet with Adrianna.

"What about-" I went to reach for a shirt but she swatted my hand away.

"You can't be serious about wearing an HBHS football t-shirt to the show." She deadpanned. Her serious expression kind of scared me a little bit.

"Uh... no?" I asked, not sure of what I wanted. My best friend sent me a look that said she knew I was serious about the t-shirt and she motioned for me to back away.

"You are a threat to fashion everywhere." She laughed. I'm going to need you to take a few steps back. I shot her a pointed look, but laughed out loud. I backtracked to my bed and flopped down.

"Ugh, fine. Have at it." I said, giving her permission to raid my closest.

Ten minutes later, I found myself being hit in the face by a pair of skinny jeans and a pretty floral shirt. I sat up admiring the jeans, but I had a different idea for what to wear shirt wise. Grinning widly, I pulled out just what I was looking for. Perfect. Next I pulled on my black Vans and grinned.

"Let's go." I said, pulling my best friend out the door. I was going to see my boyfriend for the first time in months, and I was super excited.

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter!!!

CONTEST TIME!!!!

So, as you just read: Avery pulled out a special shirt to wear to the live shows! But I didn't tell you what it is ;) That's what you guys have to figure out!!! :D

Hint: Avery wore this shirt when she was with Wes at one point, so it's something sentimental :)

Your job is to tell me what the shirt is and when she wore it! Leave your guesses in the comments: winner gets a dedication! :D

good luck!