Chapter 8

I heard the front door creak open. 

"Where is she?" I heard a voice from the foyer. I leaned back in my chair to see who it was. Correction, I leaned back a little too far. Almost immediately I felt myself tipping back.

"Easy babe, don't need you cracking your pretty little head open on the kitchen floor." I heard a different voice say. Relief washed over my face as he tilted my chair back to it's upright position. He kissed me on the forehead and sat down in the chair next to me, smirking. I rolled my eyes but I couldn't help smiling back at him. He was always saving the day, and he enjoyed knowing that I was such a spaz.

"Where's your mom!?" I heard again. Jason slid into my kitchen. I got up and smacked him on the arm.

"Jase you almost killed me!" I laughed. He pulled me into a huge bear hug. 

"Oh please. You're such a spaz you probably would have cracked your head open if I wasn't here." Keaton's laughter filled the kitchen. I spun around to see him carrying a box of take out food. I shot him a look. He just laughed again.

"You know it's true Aves." Keaton said. He set the box down on the counter. I just stared at them all pretending to be in shock, trying my hardest not to laugh. 

"You guys are so mean to me!" I laughed.

"Only because we love you, Spazzy." Jason said laughing. 

"Did I hear people?" My mom asked stepping into the house from outside, watering can in hand. Jason basically tackled her.

"Mrs. B!!!!!!!!!" He actually picked my mom up off the floor and hugged her. She laughed, caught a little off guard. 

"Hello Jason, it's nice to see you. You too Wesley." She came over and tucked Wesley's hair behind his ear. Oh my god, mom. Stop. Wes stood up to hug my mom.

"It's great to see you Mrs. B. How's Sam?" Wes asked her.

"Great, he's loving third grade." My mom smiled. "How's your dad?" 

"He's good. Haven't seen him since Keats and I went up to visit him for Christmas, though." I've never met Wesley's dad. It was kind of weird actually. I was pretty close with Laraine- she was like a second mom to me, but I've never met Wes and Keaton's dad.

"Oooh! Before I forget, I brought you guys something!" my mom dashed out of the room for a second and went to grab something. She came out with a tin of cookies.

"You read my mind Mrs. B." Jason said happily accepting the tin. I laughed and turned to Jase.

"Dude, your obsession with my mom is kind of weird." I told him still chuckling.

"You're mom is so cool! And she makes cookies which automatically makes her awesome in my book." Jason said with his mouth already full of chocolate chip goodness. I was tempted to snatch one from the tin but I remembered the secret stash I had hidden away in the pantry. I'll let the boys enjoy their cookies.

"Where's everyone else?" I heard my mom ask. I was scrolling through my apps when a message popped up.

"Drew just texted me saying he's on his way with Adrianna and Bri." I read aloud.

"Oh, they're not here yet?" I heard Tyler say as he strolled into the kitchen. I shot a knowing look at him.

"No, Bri's not here yet." I said smugly. He glared daggers at me telling me to shut up.

"Yeah she's on her way with Adrianna and Drew." Jason said.

"Okay cool. Domino's?" Tyler asked pointing to the box of food. Keaton nodded and started to bring the stuff outside to the deck. Tyler ran ahead and held open the door so Keaton could get through. "You want any help?"  Keaton replied to him and Tyler nodded, going into the pantry and returning with a bunch of paper plates and plastic cups. 

I heard the door open again and this time it was Drew with Adrianna and Brianna trailing behind him. "Hey guys, sorry we're late!" Drew said tossing his car keys onto the counter.

"Yeah, we thought that we were picking up the food so we drove to Dominos and waited for like 20 minutes." Adrianna said. Wes laughed.

"Bro, I texted you that we were getting it!" Drew checked his phone and bit his lip when he read the message. 

"Oh shit. There it is. Sorry man, I didn't see it earlier." Drew laughed. "My phone is so mesed up."

"It's cool. You guys are here now." Wes said heading to the counter and picking up the shopping bag full of soda. We all followed him out to the deck. I grabbed the utensils and Brianna waited for me. Ty cut in front of me on our way outside and held open the door. He was a nice guy, but I knew he was doing it mainly for Bri. She smiled and thanked him. I lingered in the doorway and raised my eyebrows at him playfully.

"I will shut this door on your smug little face." he said. I laughed and leaned to whisper in his ear when I passed him.

"You like herrrrr! You liiiiiiiike her!" I sang. Tyler just laughed and sat down at the table next to Adrianna.

My mom was bringing out some napkins when my dad came bounding up the steps of the wooden deck. His eyes were covered by a towel that he was using to dry off his wet hair. I saw my mom's eyes widen.

"Hey guys. How you doin?" He asked in general. We all mumbled something like 'good'. I followed my mom's glance to my father who was currently donning a perfect set of six-pack abs. Ew, mom. Stop.

"Rick have you been working out?" My mom asked. The expression on her face plainly expressed that the previously blurted statement was not meant to be said out loud. My dad looked down at his abs.

"Yeah, Ty's been taking me to the gym with him after school. Why is it working?" I looked over and saw Adrianna and Bri nodded with their mouths open slightly. My dad?! Seriously?! 

"Eh, it's noticable." My mom said nonchalantly. She turned back to us, "I'll be inside if you guys need anything." She said before shuffling back indoors.

"Same here." My dad said. "I'm gonna go shower, but I'll be outside later." He followed my mom into the kitchen. I turned on my friends, specifically Adrianna and Brianna.

"What?" Adrianna asked innocently.

I just stared at them.

"Okay, admit you're dad is hot." Brianna said. 

"Blehhhhh!" Tyler and I made the same noise at the same time.

"Ew no, that's my dad."

"Yes, but he has abs." Brianna said.

"Thanks to Tyler!" I laughed.

"Hey, I just wanted him to look good, he hasn't really dated anyone since my mom." The room went silent. I tried to break the tension.

"That's a good idea. Fixing Rick up for women his age." I stressed the last part. Brianna threw her hands up in the air and laughed.

I shook my head and laughed too. Man, I had weird friends.

Hey guys so sorry for the late update! I had the SATs this weekend and a paper to write, not to mention volleyball and shit. So, I apologize for that :) 35 Likes for the next chapter? :) Btw, on the side is a picture of Tyler :D