18~ Wasted Time

*Dan's POV*

My phone buzzed again. The contact simply read "PJ". I sighed and opened the chat.

Dinner tonight? 8 o'clock sharp, the Cabella's on Laton.

I scoffed. This dude's got serious nerve.

I'm sorry, but I'm in the hospital because my FIANCÉ got shot by some dimwit. I don't have the time nor the willpower to go out with a guy I've never met.

I thought you'd like something to get your mind off the situation. Besides, when's the last time you've eaten?

... Touché. I don't need to 'get my mind off' anything, Phil is the only thing I WANT to think about.

You wouldn't pay your ol' PJ a few brain cells?

I looked at the screen of my phone, then at the hospital doors blocking me out from the one I love. I sighed.

Fine. 8 o'clock, but this isn't a date. Just a 'get to know a random man I met' dinner. Okay?

Okay ;)

I looked back at the hospital doors. I guess I only have one friend, having another wouldn't be horrible. I stood up and left, the sliding doors closing to a seal behind me.

*Third Person*

"Friends and family of Phil Lester?" The nurse called into an empty waiting room. "Oh no, he left... Annalise? Did you get that Dan man's phone number?" The nurse asked the front desk receptionist. The receptionist noticed the urgent look in the nurse's eyes and quickly gave a slight nod, handing over Dan's phone number.

"Hello? Mr. Howell? Yes, your fiancé woke up. He won't tell us anything but 'I want to see Dan'.. We need you to come as soon as you can... mmhm... that's great. See you soon," the nurse hung up. The nurse tapped on her pager.

"He's on his way."

*Dan's POV*

Shit. Why did I ever think leaving was a good idea? I was frantically rushing back to the hospital. "Siri, call PJ," I called out to my iPhone. The phone popped up. PJ answered almost immediately.

"Dan?"
"Hey, PJ, I'm going to need a rain check on that dinner."
"What? But we had plans!"
"Yeah, and the plans are changing. Phil woke up, and I'm on my way to the hospital now."
"That son of a- I mean- that's good. I'll see you.. soon.."

PJ hung up. That was odd. He was angry Phil woke up, and he'll see me soon? I was mediocrely confused.

I pulled to a screeching halt in the hospital parking lot. I practically barrel rolled out of the car, and sprinted into the ER. The receptionist looked at me with a confused glare. "Phil Lester?" I panted, out of breath. The receptionist pointed through a propped open door at the end of what seemed like a mile long hallway. "Thank you," I called back, breaking out into a sprint again.

I skid to a halt when I saw PJ smirking at me at the end of the hallway.

Blink.

He was gone? I shook the image out of my head. I was going insane.

I pushed through the door to Phil's room.

*Phil's POV*

A very disheveled Dan exploded through my door. Relief flooded through me. I tried my best to smile.

"Dan."

Dan burst into tears and ran to my bedside, placing his large hands on either side of my face.

"Phil, I thought you were dead, I was so scared-"
"Shh,'' I croaked, silencing Dan's awful worried ranting.

He planted a kiss right on my lips. The warmth of those lips, oh how I missed them. The way his hands gently squeezed my face, I missed it so much. My Dan, I missed him. I realized I needed him. More than fish needs water. (beautifulnightmcre ayye)

Dan broke apart the kiss, and smiled. Not a soft, emotional smile, well, it'd be easier to show you.

I laughed for the first time in a while at Dan's rediculous face

My laughter faded when I saw who was standing in the doorway behind Dan. I gasped.

"That's him! That's the man who shot me!"