Chapter 11

"You're a miracle Clark," I thought aloud, as all the information I'd just been told began to sink in.

"I don't want to be," Clark replied, tears welling up in his eyes. Now he'd been honest with me about the biggest part of himself it was like the floodgates had opened and he was revealing every thought, every emotion.

"I don't blame you," I answered. Reaching up and placing my palm on his cheek, one stray tear then being smoothed away with my thumb.

"This would be a huge burden for anyone to handle. But you're not just anyone, Clark. It's not where you're from that defines who you are. It's what you do and what you choice to be that determines your fate."

Clark was hanging off my every word, his eyes piercing mine as I got ready to continue. I don't know how he imagined I would react to such mind blowing information but I guess it wasn't like this. He'd more than likely been playing it out in his head, trying to envisage every scenario, every conclusion. I mean telling someone you're an alien isn't exactly a spare of the moment thing that you don't think about long and hard first.

"You really think so?" He cut in.

"You wanna know what I think? I think that you've been sent here for a reason. Maybe it was to save that bus full of kids. Maybe it was save a whole town, or an entire planet. Maybe you were sent here just to save little old me," I giggled, managing to get a half smile from the trembling man in front of me.

"All these things that are happening to you, the super strength, the lightening speed, one day you're going to think of them as a blessing. One day you'll have to make a choice about what you do with your abilities, with your gifts. Are you gonna stand proud in front of the human race or sink into the crowd and hide yourself like you have all these years? Clark, I'll stand by you, whatever you decide. Never doubt that, ok?"

"Can't I just keep pretending to be the run of the mill geeky farm boy?" He questioned with a smirk, not taking his gaze from me but shifting nervously on the spot.

"Clark whatever is destined to happen to you, to me, to us as a pair, know that as far as I'm concerned you will always be the run of the mill geeky farm boy," I burst out laughing, Clark following suit soon after.

An hour later we hadn't moved from the derelict barn that held all of Clark's secrets. We'd spent the whole duration going over all the information a second, a third and a fourth time. I wanted to be sure I hadn't missed anything and I think Clark wanted to make sure that I understood exactly what this all meant. That it had in actual fact sunk in. It was almost like he wanted me to freak out, to run for the hills and never want to see him again. It's probably how he'd expected it to go since the moment he'd even thought about telling me. He was finding it hard to believe that I'd coped so well. Truth was, as long as Clark was the good person I knew he was there was nothing he could say to drive me away.

"So I guess this means you've got another family out there somewhere huh?" I realised. Clark and I venturing out of the barn for the first time in hours and looking up at a clear and now starry sky.

"Yeah, I suppose I have," Clark stopping in his tracks to look up at the stars whilst I wrapped my arms securely around his waist.

"They must have sent you here for a reason Clark, and in my opinion you owe it yourself and to them to find out what that is, even if it takes the rest of your life. If you don't, you'll only regret it. You'll always wonder why and how you came to be here. How you came to be standing in a backyard in Smallville, staring up at the stars with me," I smiled affectionately, Clark not hesitating in placing a soft kiss upon my forehead.

"I know you're right. You're always right. I'm just scared about what I'll find out, if I can even find anything that is. I don't even know where to start."