Chapter 28

"Arabella wake up we've missed half the day." Shooting up out of the bed I look at the alarm clock to see it says twelve o'clock.

They knew we had school. "Why didn't anyone wake us up?" Rose throws me a pair of clothes for me to change into so we can head to school.

As I shimmy into the jeans Rose looks at her phone. "Because of my stupid brother, he forgot we had school. He told the staff they were not allowed to enter my room, since you know last night my mother forbid you from sleeping in his room." Thanks Alex.

Rose starts applying her makeup as I fix my hair into a messy ponytail. Rose and I switch positions. Eyeliner apply it lightly, eye shadow dust it once then again. Concealer conceals all my imperfections. Now blush it up for some fun. Why in the world am I singing about makeup? Zipping up my jacket I put my phone in the back pocket of my jeans and turn to the door.

Shit.

This is not the person I wanted to see me right now. "I thought I told you to get out of my home." The queen says very calmly while stepping into the room and shutting the door behind her. We're in deep crap.

"Mom please." Rose pleads standing up.

"Rose no. Arabella I am actually here to apologize for hitting you. I was testing you." She tells me.

Of course she was testing me. "Did I pass?"

"No you did not. As queen people will test your patience. You failed miserably, but when I slapped you it was an accident. It was out of happiness." Am I hearing her right she slapped me out of happiness?

"Mom have you gone crazy?" I think I am with Rose on this one. The queen has totally lost it.

"You took my sons virginity who wouldn't be happy." Most moms would not be happy, and wouldn't even care to know. "While you tried to insult me I could see the love in your eyes. I think you are perfect for my son; you just need to fix your attitude. Although it was quite funny pretending to be mad at you. Don't worry I told every one I was just having fun." I find nothing about what she did fun.

"So why didn't you let her sleep in bed with Alex last night?" Not like a minded. Rose and I had a little girls night.

"I was just messing with you kids. You could feel the sexual frustration radiating off of them. Just know this Arabella don't cross me or ever try to hit me again. Next time it won't be a test, and be careful next time. I don't want to get anymore calls about my sons girlfriend leaving him stranded. We have a protocol for a reason and if you ever break it again I won't be so nice next time." Slowly I nod my head as she pulls me in for a hug. I stand still as she wraps her arms around me. I am deeply confused.

"Let me get this straight," Rose says, "you did all of this to test her. Then you didn't let them have sex just to mess it's them?" See even Rose is dumbfounded.

"My beautiful daughter you are so smart." Rose mom seems to have fun messing with us kids. "Love you, now you two get to school I have business to take care of. I'm going to the local foster home to spend time with the children." The queen kisses us both on the cheek then glides out the room.

"She is so confusing." Rose laughs while putting her hair supplies away.

Looking at the clock I gasp. Opening the door we bolt out the room running down the stairs. As soon as I step off the last step I tumble over something falling shoulder first. "Are you okay?" Rose helps me up then the person I knocked over.