Chapter 37

All morning I have sat in bed; remembering the events of last night. How Alexander and I got lost in the moment. Lost in each other. We connected as one again, as if we were never apart. It felt god to be in his arms. It felt like we belonged together.

The way he handled me so delicately. Like I was a fragile flower, just picked out of the garden. I thought everything was good after last night. I thought things would change. That was until I woke up. His spot empty and cold. The only problem was one feeling that I keep thinking about since he left.

It was just like the first time, but it felt like the last.

The door to my room opens and the maid walk in opening all the drapes letting the sunlight threw. "Ms. Carson the Queen requests your presence at your etiquette training." Peeking out from the comforter I ask her about the classes. "You are the future princess. The class will help you to learn all the duties of being a royal. Just like the movies. As a boy Prince Alexander use to hate the classes. When he was five he would refuse to go to the classes. Instead he would help me clean the rooms to hide from his mother." I could just picture little Alexander running around the palace.

It could have been our child.

Stretching out I curl my toes as I arch my back. "I've laid out clothes for you. Change into them and head to the library." She walks out of the room closing the door behind her. On the bed is a beige dress that looks like it will hug my non existent figure. Once I have it on I can't help but look at myself. I've gained some weight back. My arms no longer look like skin and bones they are filling out, and my legs are finally filling out. Making my way down to the library I comb out my bed hair with my fingers.

As soon as I open the door I hear, "you're late." The Queen yells at me.

"Sorry." I wasn't even given a time.

She looks at me and nods as if approving of me finally gaining some weight back. "This is your instructor and you are to listen to everything she says. She is also bound by contract to not say anything about what goes on in this palace. If it becomes to much you may leave for the day." The Queen shares a look with my instructor before leaving.

Turning to my instructor I see she has her gray hair in a tight high bun along with all grey skirt suit. She looks like how I feel. "I will be sort of like your shadow until I retire since you are the future princess. If I'm still around I will be promoted when you become Queen. I will tell you your schedule every day and plan it since you are now the official soon to be princess of our great country. The people already love you but the real challenge is getting me to like you." I could care less if she liked me. It is not like the country knows who she is. Why does her opinion matter.

If the people like me why would I need her to like me? She has no status and she is bound by contract. That means that I'm higher in status than her. She takes her job too serious. "What else do I need to know?"

My shadow pulls out her planner and flips to today date. "Your schedule for today will be to practice walking and curtsying, getting in and out of a car, waving, walking with a crown. Then lunch with the queen, measuring for your crown, a press conference, and then you'll have the evening free." I have to do all that before evening? Yeah right.

"What about tomorrow?"

I need to know what I have to do so I can prepare. "If you needed to know about tomorrow I would tell you about tomorrow's schedule. Now get up and walk in a straight line. When walking keep head up at all times and walk with a straight back." Doing as told my back feels stiff as ever. "Don't walk stiff Arabella!"