Chapter 42

Right now Alex and I are on the couch in our room watching the television with my sprawled across his lap as he rubs my ever growing bump. It's only been a month since we found out, but our baby is one hungry child. I just keep eating and eating.

"You ready to go down stairs? Rose is back." Getting up I pull my shirt down over my belly. It's quite obvious with this shirt on. Many don't know I'm expecting, yet so I wear jackets all the time even though it's hot outside.

"Thanks." Putting my arms threw the sleeves Alex helps me walk making sure I don't fall. Ever since we found out about the pregnancy I have been tripping and falling over everything. Once we're at the staircase I see Rose with Libby, John, Leo, Sebastian, and Jack. Walking down the stairs I sneak up behind Rose pulling her into a hug.

"I've missed you best friend." Rose turns around pulling me into a hug. Pulling her closer I gasp as I feel my stomach brush against her.

She knows. When I mentioned that no one knows, I really meant no one. "Arabella?" She asks stepping back.

Abort, abort mission. Turning to Jack I smile at him, "Jack I missed you." I walk over to him hugging him hoping Rose won't bring it up.

"That's sweet but I didn't miss you. Libby is so much fun." He jokes.

I had forgot about that, but he just reminded me of why I am going to kill him. "Yeah about that. You took my sister to America without my permission. It had to be Las Vegas of all places too!" I knew they were crazy, but this is too far.

"Hey, Catherine and James said it was okay." Sebastian cuts in pulling me into a hug.

I freeze catching Rose eye as she studies me. John must have seen this and got the wrong impression. "My sister is a married woman Sebastian." John laughs.

"Back off." Rose pulls him away.

"Hey watch the goods." Rolling my eyes I laugh as he fixes his clothes.

"When were you going to tell me?" She whispers harshly.

"Libby I missed you. Leo you look different. What did you do?" I ask him.

Before I could make it three steps she pulls me back gently. "I don't think so missy. How could you not tell me? I'm your best friend!" She yells.

"Babe calm down." Leo grabs her hand.

"Well I guess we'll just tell everyone now." Alexander puts his arm around my waist and other on my belly.

"We're expecting." Alex tells them.

"Congratulations you guys." John tells us.

"I'm going to have someone to play with and do their hair." Libby smiles.

"Not if it's a boy. You're not doing my sons hair Libby." Alex warns her.

"We will see about that." She smirks then skips off. My sister has always been a special one.

Everyone starts asking us about the baby, and how far along I am. It makes me regret not telling them right away, but I wanted to enjoy this for a little while with just mu husband. "Hey where did Leo and Libby go?" Alexander asks while looking around.

"Probably to the garden. I just saw her skipping that way." The queen and king walk in the room heading towards the garden with all of us following them.

We all walk out the doors into the beautiful garden full of different flowers and bushes trimmed into all different shapes. Walking to the center we see Leo and Libby standing in front of the fountain.

"What's going on?" Rose asks as Libby runs over to my mother in law.

Leo smiles and gets down on one knee. "Rose I have loved you ever since I met you. I know our parents arranged our marriage, but our love feels like more than that,"

"Did you know about this?" I ask Alexander? He had to know right?

"Everyone but you and Rose knew." Why wasn't I told? "We all decided to stay on the safe side and not tell you since you and Rose are best friends and she can tell when you're lying." She can't tell all the time.

Okay I take that back. We can tell when each other are lying. "Rose will you do the honor of marrying me?" Leo asks staring into Rose eyes, but she seems frozen.

That's my best friend for ya. We both had the same reaction when getting proposed to. "Rose wake up!" I yell.

"Leo I'm still young. To young to get married." Way to bring the mood down Rose. We all watch as Leo stands up slowly and closes the ring box. "But I think I can make an exception for the love of my life." She had us all thinking she wasn't ready.

Those two are so in love and it makes me happy to see them happy. I wish that I got the right proposal too. Mine was a little forced.

"I need you." Suddenly I'm dragged back inside the palace and inside our room. "Gosh I love you." Alexander says as he leans in kissing me.

"I love you more." I reply wrapping my arms around his.

How did we get this far?

"I hope your decent because we're coming in." The queen bursts threw the door with the king right by her side.

"Should have known you two would leave to go cuddle." The king laughs. Stepping away from Alex I smile a little.

"We have a surprise for the two of you." A surprise? For what? Following the two of them across the hall they push open the doors for us to see a gold room, but except this room is full of nursery things.

"How did you know?" I cry as I look around the room. My favorite thing has to be the life sized giraffe toy sitting by the crib.

"Remember Arabella. I have people always watching. Have you not noticed I've upped the guards?" No I've been in my own world. "Just know I rule this country and it's my job to protect this country and my family. This baby is part of our family now." Pulling the queen in for a hug I cry in her shoulder. This is just too perfect.

This is the last chapter before the epilogue. The story is almost over sadly.

XX

L.S.G.