Chapter 35

I have made progress in the last few days. I now get out of my bed, and walk around my room. I get on social media and like the occasional post. I won't post anything I will just look. The cyber security team monitors my phone so I am only able to look at certain websites. No news media, but I can go shopping. That would explain why the closet has a whole new wardrobe.

"I am so sorry." Is the first thing Rose says as she walks into my room shutting the door softly behind her. The bags under her eyes and the messy knot in her hair tells me that she's been struggling with something.

"For what?" Keeping my eyes trained on the outside I watch as the leaves fly gracefully threw the air.

"It's my fault." She cries catching my attention. "Alexander never used the condoms. He never used them. He wasn't supposed to use the condoms." Standing up I slowly all over to her and pull her into a hug.

I could never blame Rose for what happened. I know what happened was not her fault. "What did you do?" Rubbing her back I try not to seem as if I'm judging her.

"I poked holes in them. It was a full box. I was making fun of him since he never could really-," Rose starts hiccuping as I pull her over to the cream sofa.

I might just now be able to face what happened, but I will not allow my friend to face what I went through. I would not wish this on Rose, maybe an enemy, but not Rose. "It's not your fault Rose. I don't even think that night we used a condom. I was supposed to be on the pill, but I just got lost in the fairy tale of it all. You are not the reason I lost the baby. Even if I was pregnant from the broken condom I would scream and hug you. I've realized that I fell in love with your brother, and I'm to late to tell him. That baby was the answers to all my problems." We sit in silence for a while just staring into space till Rose speaks up.

"You are my best friend Arabella." Rose turns towards me grabbing my hands. "I don't know what it is about you, but you were able to open up my family. Before you dad was the King and mom was the Queen. Alexander was the Prince and my big brother that raised me along with Jack and Sebastian. Leo and I were arranged to be married for an alliance. Now we act and laugh like a family all because of you." Smiling I pull her into a hug shutting my eyes.

"I know you Rose. You are here for another reason." I whisper.

Rose is like a sister to me and I can read her face. She may have wanted to tell me this, but there is something else on her mind. "They didn't want me to tell you, but I feel you have a right to know. They know who caused this. They went to get her, but she escaped." She?

"How?"

"We don't know. We think someone helped this Matilda since she threatened you in the past." I have never heard of a Matilda.

"I don't know a Matilda, Rose." I explain.

"That's right. You called her the girlfriend. She's the one who hates you. The one that put you in the hospital for the burns." Who would have thought Miss. Stuck up could do this. Help someone kill an unborn innocent child.

Although, I doubt she could actually pull something as elaborate like this off. She seemed like an airhead. "They are questioning Matilda know to see if she knows where they are hiding." Should be easy since she comes off as stupid.

Standing up I walk into my closet I pull out the simplest outfit I can find. A light cream over sized sweater and dark washed jeans. Slipping the clothes on I put my hair into a messy ponytail. "Did you take a shower earlier?" I just nod my head as I sit back on my bed.

"What?"

"There's a reason as to why I came here. I didn't want to tell you, but someone leaked it Arabella. Someone told the media." What exactly did they tell the media? "One of the maids told a magazine about the baby. She told them you were kidnapped and they purposely killed the fetus." I always knew those maids were listening.