Prologue

WARNING: This is my first story here on wattpad. I originally posted this around 2011, which was almost a decade ago. I was 12-13 at that time & knew nothing lol so there are plot holes & lots of cringey/stupid moments (that I thought were cool to write about at the time.) so if you're looking for a good wolf story, I'm sorry but this ain't it chief. Then why is this story still up here, you ask? For the memories & the chance that I might come back to this & do some hard core editing/fixing up to this story!

-steph, 2020

This has been edited as of October 21, 2013

**

Prologue

The full moon grinned at me as I walked. The moon has always been important to us. Legends have said that a full moon can lead shifters to their own fate.

It was past midnight and not a soul was in sight besides the occasional car passing by.

Then what drove Zeke to sneak out? I asked myself, coming to stop as I neared a park and the scent of my own kind reached my nostrils. Zeke.

As future Alpha of my pack, it is my job to ensure my pack's safety and in order to do so; I have to know what the members of my pack are up to. I mentally laughed at myself. I could care less what a member of my pack is doing at this time of night.

But Zeke was not just another pack member; he's the closest friend I have. For a moment, I contemplated whether or not I should continue 'spying' on my friend. He could be meeting up with a special someone that I shouldn't know of yet, or he could just want to be alone. With all the chaos we've suffered through thanks to the rogues who savaged our previous home, I don't blame him.

He'll probably tell me tomorrow, if he wants me to know.

Turning around, I quietly decided to head back to the pack house but instantly came to a halt when another scent caught my attention. Human.

What would a human have to do with us? More importantly, what does Zeke have to do with a human?

I didn't head back home. Instead, I cautiously turned back around and followed Zeke's scent. Part of me was going to see what was happening. I mean, I am going to be the Alpha of my pack soon and I deserve to know what goes on, especially if it involves my future beta. The other part was going, because I was curious and looking for trouble. Knowing Zeke, he was up to no good, and what good of a friend would I be, if I let him stir up trouble alone?

I have to admit causing trouble is my forte. Some call it a bad habit; I call it a skill. Being the Alpha's son, blesses me with many advantages. I'm one of the well-known trouble makers of my pack, but I'm the only untouchable one. No one can do anything to me, at least, not without facing my father's wrath.

The Elders, the wisest and oldest of my pack, and even my own father think I'm not worthy enough to be the next Alpha and I have to say, it stings. I, on the other hand, believe that I am perfectly capable of being an extraordinary Alpha just like my ancestors. If the Elders don't believe I'm ready to rise to their throne, then who knows how long it'll be for my rule to come. The only other way I can become Alpha at the regular age is if I find my mate and prove myself worthy. Finding her, has been one of my priorities since I've turned eighteen.

Coming to a halt, I found myself standing a few feet away from the scene and hastily hid behind a tree. The last I'd want to be is caught spying on Zeke, especially by him.

You shouldn't even be here!

Ignoring my inner wolf, I snuck a glimpse from my hiding spot to see Zeke grasp a young woman's chin.

"How would you like to be my snack?" He asked, his brown eyes glowing with such hatred. I've never seen him this hateful towards a person before...

What could that poor, human girl have done to him? What is he going to do to her?

Eating humans or drinking their blood isn't common in wolves, but some do it in desperate times unless they're rouges (they couldn't care less about anyone or anything). Abusing or causing any harm to humans isn't illegal in our pack due to a former incident but even so, it's wrong to do. Zeke and I both know that.

So what the hell is doing? He can't possibly kill her...He wouldn't, would he?

"W-What kind of k-kinky shit are you into?" The girl winced. I held back a chuckle, a smile on my face. She's possibly on her death bed and she's cracking snarky remarks.

I like her already.

My gaze left Zeke, my attention flickering to the girl and I finally got a firm look at her. The full moon illuminated her face to her perfection; her dark brown hair framed her face and her eyes. Her eyes were the most mesmerizing. Even from feet away, I could see how beautifully topaz they were and how they seemed to glow just like cat eyes in the night. She was undeniably beautiful.

I was too captivated by her to pay attention to what Zeke had said next. A small cry pulled me out of daze and a foreign feeling stirred in me. My gaze landed on Zeke and the girl, the foreign feeling in me growing stronger. Zeke had her on the floor, knee pressed into her back and gripped her wrist roughly, slowly twisting it until he heard a satisfying crack. Another cry escaped her lips.

Something stirred inside of me along with the foreign feeling; fury. Seeing her, a mere stranger, vulnerable, angered me. The girl lifted her head and her gaze turned towards my direction. She sensed me. My heart skipped a beat as her eyes met with mine, pleading for help silently.

Not able to bear with her suffering any longer, I let out a growl and revealed myself.

Zeke didn't turn around. He only chuckled, catching me off guard. This is not the Zeke I'm accustomed to. "Go catch your own human."

A menacing, louder growl escaped from within me-catching me by surprise-, and I bared my sharp, canine teeth, "The girl is mine."

Zeke finally turned around and his eyes widened instantly at the sight of me. Raising his hands up, he released his grip on the girl. "Sorry, Emmett. She's all yours."

Before I could even ask for an explanation, Zeke ran away. I watched him incredulously as he ran out of my view. Averting my gaze from him, I glanced back at the girl who was struggling to stand.

Did I really just claim her as my own?