Chapter 10: Plans

She was cheating on me.(She’s my mate, so I think of us as a ‘couple’) Yep, that must be it. The real question was who was that bastard that lured her in? When I find him, because I will, I’ll beat the tar out of him and make him regret every single moment. Cruel, but I don’t care. No one messes with my mate. Only I have the right to do anything I want to her.

I quickly turned around, and found my clothes that I had hid in between bushes. I phased back to my human self, got dressed, and ran towards Jewels house. I was angry, and she needed to know that she was mine. She can’t ignore that there is and always will be something there between us. In fact, I think it’s time I tell her everything.

I smiled in triumphant when I saw that her window was open, but that even made me more suspicious. Why would it be open? Is she expecting someone? I flared my nostrils, and easily used the tree next to her house to get in through her window.

The lights were off, and the room was silent. I guess I’ll just wait here until she returns. I lay on her bed bored out of mind. The moment she walks in, I’ll show her whose boss and maybe I’ll even mark her to make sure that this doesn’t happen ever again.

~Juliana~

I quietly entered the house wondering if my dad was home. I needed to speak with him as soon as possible, because this was a very serious and maybe dangerous situation. I sighed when I saw that no one was home.

I’ll just wait up in my room. I made my way up the stairs and down the hallway then finally to the right where my door was. I opened it, and it was pitch black in my room. The sun had already set a few minutes ago. Too lazy, to turn on the light I decided to save energy and open my curtains to let the moon’s light illuminate my room. As I made my way towards the window, I couldn’t help, but feel watched.

I shut the window closed, and drew back my curtains when I felt arms wrapping themselves around my waist. I gave out a small scream, and squirmed.

“Where were you?”

I groaned in frustration trying to squirm out of Emmett’s hold, “What the-?”

 I got cut off by being lightly pushed down onto my bed, and his lips lightly brushed mine. I pushed him off of me, and he hovered above me, “I just wanted to know where you were.”

“It’s none of your damn business!”

    “It is definitely my business!” He growled.

“How the heck is it your business?” I demanded a bit angry.

“Remember that day when I made you meet my dad? We’re not like the others, okay? You are my mate, the ones that The Fates chose for me and I have the right to know everything about you.”

Why was he telling me this when I already knew? Oh yeah, he still doesn’t know I’m a wolf, too. Wonder how long it’ll take him to figure it out.

Very soon! My wolf growled as it tried to take over me.

I bit my lip to keep myself from phasing, but I still shook slightly. Emmett of course noticed, “What’s wrong?”

“I’m cold,” I lied.

“Well maybe I can warm you up,” He whispered as he bent down and trailed kissed from my neck up to my jawline.

He needed to stop. My wolf was screaming in joy, but if I wanted to have control of myself I needed to stop, “Emmett stop.”

“Hmm?”

“Stop!”

“Why?” He replied confused stopping as he looked me in the eye.

“I don’t want this.”

I got up to my knee on my bed to be at eye level with him since he was sitting, “Why not? Don’t you feel our connection?”

I shook my head. I was lying. I had to. His smile faded, and he looked the other way. I made him look at me, “I’m sorry. This whole mate thing. It’s not for me. I’m just not ready, and I don’t think I’ll ever be, Emmett. You won’t have any trouble finding another mate.”

Wolves could mate with people other than their mates, but they’ll never be truly in love. They’ll just end up ruining everything for everyone else, and I felt bad for doing. Shoot, I wish Emmett was the one rejecting me. I would feel so much better if it were this way.

“Jewels, you don’t understand. I can’t find another mate, you’re the one I’ve been the waiting for,” He said as he ran his hand through his hair, “Shoot, you’re the girl of my dreams. I’ve only known you for a while, but this is what happens when you find your mate.”

“There’s a lot of girls like me out there, Emmett,” I told him.

He lifted my chin, and brushed his lips teasing me once again. I turned the other way, so he ended up kissing my cheek instead. That’s all it took for me to start blushing though, and I hope he wouldn’t notice.

“There will never be a girl like you, Jewels. You’re Jewels, and no one can compare to you.”

I almost melted at his sweet words, but as soon as I heard my dad’s truck pulling into the driveway. I began to panic. Emmett can’t see him. Or our lives are ruined, “Emmett, I’m sorry but I don’t want to be your mate. Please leave, because I don’t want to make this any harder on you.”

“Jewels, you can’t do this to me, “ He whispered his eyes getting watery.

See, what you’re making him do! You’re making OUR mate cry! My wolf screamed.

“I’m sorry, but please leave, “ I told him as I stood up.

He did, but before he jumped out the window he crushed his lips to mine. It took all I had, to not kiss back. When he realized he wasn’t getting the reaction he was hoping for, he pulled away frowning. His eyes stared into mine, “You’ll always be my mate, and I’ll always be waiting for you no matter what. So if you change your mind about this, please don’t hesitate in coming.”

With that he jumped out the window, and it was perfect timing because in that moment the door to my room opened revealing my dad, “Why was he here?”

“Don’t worry dad I got rid of him…for good,” I told him.

He seemed a bit disappointed but soon shook it off, “ You and I need to talk. They found out about us, and I have a plan to get us out of it. But you’re going to have a big part in this plan.”

I nodded, “What’s your plan?”

_______________________________________________________________

Okay to those of you who are confused, YES Jewels' dad is the famous Samuel Evans. It's obvious as to why he has to identities, so he won't get caught. Anyways hope you enjoyed!

Happy Holidays!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

P.S

What do you think is Jewels' dad's plan to keep them safe?

Also what do you think of the new cover? Do you like this one or do you like the one to the side better?