Chapter 7: She Hates Me

This is kind of a like a filler chapter. Anyways there's one thing I can tell you for sure, that in a month (in the story) from now, there will be a LOT of drama in this story! First Emmett is going to claim her as his mate officially in a month...BUT...just get to reading, (:

Don't forget to vote,comment, and fan! I love it when you do!

“Spit it out,” My father spoke.

I had just come from school, and sat down with a plate of pizza that I had just warmed up. I sat next to my dad on the couch as he watched Top Gear. I think of that show as boring. I looked at him puzzled and spit out the piece of pizza I had been chewing on back onto my plate.

He chuckled, “I didn’t mean it literally. Something troubles you, what is it?”

My dad knew me so well, “How do you know?”

“Well, you look pretty pissed, you threw yourself on the couch with a sigh, and I’m your father so of course I know when my daughter is upset.”

I sighed again, “It’s the Wolfe Pack.”

“Don’t worry about it. I already got a plan. We will be moving in about a month. I know, why a month? But it’s just that we don’t want to make it obvious you can deal with that, right?”

“Dad…the Alpha’s son is claiming me as his mate.”

He dropped the remote control, and got up going for the door.  I was in front of the door blocking it from him. I wasn’t going to let him go over there and expose us! Heck, maybe he’d even agree of me being mates with Emmett and I sure didn’t want that!

“Julie, move.”

“No, dad, you’re not going to let your anger get the best of you. We’re not official mates, so don’t worry. We’ll be gone in a month remember? We’ll leave all of our troubles behind and be the happy family we used to be.”

He sighed in defeat, “Just because you’re not official doesn’t mean you won’t want him. If you two truly are mates, you’ll be inseparable. Take it from someone who’s been through it. I don’t want you getting hurt, okay? You’re my baby girl,” He murmured the last part as he pulled me into a hug.

**

Realization hit me in the morning. I was moving out of this boring small town in a month. I’d be leaving Annabelle and Brandon in a month. Today was Saturday and I was grateful, because that meant I wouldn’t have to see Emmett or any of them today. Then again this is a small town.

I decided to text Annabelle and Brandon to meet me at the lake.  I sat on the gravel not caring if I’d stain my shorts or not, and looked at the view.

“Remember how we met?”

I turned to see Brandon and smiled, “How could I forget? You saved my life.”

We first met here at the lake not this part though. We met where the docks were, because the lake eventually leads to the ocean, and that’s were most parties are thrown. I was 15, and I still didn’t know how to swim. Yes, I know what kind of girl at age 15 doesn’t know how to swim? I had gone to a party with Annabelle and a guy literally picked me up and threw me in the water. It was Oliver who had thrown me! It caught me off guard, and I panicked. You know how that goes…Brandon was nice enough to jump in and save me.

“So…why the sudden urge to come here?” He asked.

I stood up dusting off my shorts, “What? You don’t want to hang out with me?”