Chapter 26: Take Care.

Sorry,once again, for not updating this since forever!  I would've thought since school is almost ending, we wouldn't have as much work to do but boy...was I wrong! Anyways I have a new trailer & cover to the side.  Cover made by Lverlaine. She's awesome at those!School is out for me on May 31, so soon there will be more freqeunt updates from me! Yay! Lol 

Please Vote & Comment!

P.S  Check out the trailer>>>>>>

"Julie! I should've called sooner, but was caught up trying to find a nearby hotel and everyth-hey, what's wrong?" My fathers voice questioned. I had tried so hard to stop the small sniffles that came out of me every few minutes, but failed.

"Nothing," I answered a bit too quickly as I wiped at my eyes. I did not want him to hear me like this, but I didn't just want to hang up on him. He's my dad, and I'm the only one he has at the moment. Plus, if I told him, he would worry and come home. That's something I really don't want to worry about at the moment.

"Sweetie, I know this is nothing. Just tell me please. It's killing me just not being with you...to protect you," he said.

"No, I'm serious its really nothing. It's just that I just finished watching Titanic and you know how I get. And don't worry, I have...Emmett to protect me," I lied. I was surprised at how calm and normal my voice sounded compared to just moments ago.

"Really?"

"Yes..."

He then chuckled lightly,"What am I to worry about? The way that boy looks at you is just reassuring your safety. Take care, Sweetie."Even I noticed the uncertainty of his voice.  He didn't seem convinced at all.

"You know me dad, I will. You take care and always remember that I love you."

"I love you too, Sweetheart. Forever and always. I'll call you soon, so keep your phone nearby, K?"

"Okay, I will," I answered and then waited until he hung up. A few minutes after, I found myself curling into a ball and drifting off to sleep.

Emmett's POV

I couldn't believe it. No, it couldn't be true. Why would she lie to me like that? Her real scent was even more intoxicating than the one she had before, but I pushed it away. She had lied to me. Me, her own mate. But how could I be so oblivious to this fact? Life has thrown me hints about it, yet I chose to ignore them because I thought that someone like Jewels wouldn't lie about it.

I wondered if anyone else knew. I hadn't bothered to ask because I was at Brandon's helping him out, and then went straight to my room afterwards. Yes, I had still kept my word. I can't just leave a new turned wolf alone like that. That's not what a soon-to-be alpha would do. As future Alpha, I am expected to help out our kind and that's what I'm going to do. Though, there was another reason I still helped him out. I just couldn't break a promise that I had made to her. Afterall, she's still my mate and as much as I'm disappointed in her, I still love her.

Then why did you leave her?

I was mad. Correction, I am mad. At myself and her. I was also disappointed. Who wouldn't be? I have all the right reasons to be mad, but still I regret just leaving like that. I needed to get out of there before I did something stupid out of anger. I didn't want to let my anger get the best of me.

"Emmett!"

I sighed,already making my way to my father's office. He probably knew already and of course wanted to talk. I actually didn't want to talk to anyone, and probably would've even ignored him...if he wasn't the Alpha. I just wanted to be alone and think.

"Sit down," he ordered as I entered. 

He ran a hand through his hair, sighing," I think you know why I called you here for."

I didn't reply. We both knew why he had called me over here for. Realizing I wasn't going to respond, he went on,"I bet you just found out your mates dirty little secret, eh?"

"You knew?" was all I could respond with. My own father knew and he never bothered to tell me?What a great dad he is.

"I just found not too long ago as well. She is a good hider that if it weren't for her situation right now, I'd ask her to join our pack as a tracker."

"And what are you planning to do with her now?" I asked.

"Use her, son. She seems to know what we don't, and I hate it when people keep secrets from me."

My fists clenched. He wasn't going to use her. He wasn't going to lay a finger on her. Not as long as I'm alive. Then, realization sunk in. A few days ago, when she had gotten hurt...

I stood up and slammed my fists against the table, towering over him,"You hit her didn't you? That night...it wasn't rogues who attacked.It was you!"

I wanted to hit myself for being that gullible. We've never had a problem with rogues anymore thanks to our trackers, so why did I even believe him? I felt like doing the same to my dad as he did to her. As much as I respected him, he lost it all this very moment.

"She deserved it," he shrugged.

"What would the Elders think of you when they hear that you've laid a hand on a young female wolf?"

His charcoal black eyes glared into my own,"You wouldn't dare. If you do, Emmett,  I swear on your mother's grave that I will tell them every little detail about her. When they find out that she's the daughter of that mutt, then not only will he get killed but so will she."

"Then I'll prove to them that she's innocent," I said through gritted teeth.

"That,my son, even I know is a lie." My father chuckled as he got up and walked out, leaving me frozen in place. I remember that day I had told her that I would do anything to help her, because I knew she was innocent. I later found out that I was wrong by her, but I am still willing to help her. Even if it kills me.

___________________________________________________________________________

So what do you think? Do you dislike (hate is such a strong word) Emmett's dad as much as I do? What do you think Emmett is going to do next? Please leave your thoughts below!