Chapter 2: If Only He Knew...

This chapter has been edited & rewritten as well, so if you're rereading this...it might be a bit different. If you still see errors, please tell me. It'll help me improve, but please don't be rude about it. Anyways, enjoy!

 **

As if being in my presence wasn't enough, he sat right in front of Anna just to irk me, and turned to face Anna with a smile. He definitely heard what Anna said earlier; because there was no doubt he was charming her. Not being able to do anything to him, I just glared, boiling up with anger inside. Anna bit her lip, a sign of her being nervous, and returned his smile.

"Do you happen to have a pencil I can borrow?" He asked.

For a few seconds, Anna just sat there smiling at him like a fan girl does when she sees her celebrity crush. She soon snapped out of it and, with no hesitation, handed him the pencil she had on her desk. "Thank you...?"

"Annabelle," she immediately replied in a daze. He smirked as he quickly glanced towards me, raising both of his eyebrows suggestively before turning around to listen to the teacher. It wasn't until then that I felt relief in my hands. I didn't realize that I was clenching my fists until now that my nails had dug into my skin, leaving small cuts. Anna glanced at me as she mouthed, "Oh my gosh, he's hot!"

I didn't respond. Instead, I chose to ignore her comment and listen to what the teacher was saying. Ms. Greene might as well have given the lesson in Chinese because I didn't pay attention or managed to understand what she was saying the entire class period. I internally sighed. Can this day get any worse?

**

"Juliana!" Annabelle called after me. I stormed into the restroom and let my bag fall to the floor as I faced the crappy mirror the school's restroom had to offer. I looked like a mad woman. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She demanded, a bit out of breath.

I glanced down at the small sink and crappy tile, "the new guy, Zeke."

"B-but I called dibs already, Julie!"

"I'm not interested in him, Anna!" I incredulously replied with. I would never be interested in a guy like him. What is there to like about him? Why couldn't Anna see what I saw in him? Oh right, because the whole fact that he's a wolf can't be told to her.

"Well...then what's your problem with him? He's a really nice-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Anna! He is not a nice guy; he's dangerous. I don't want you around him; because I'm worried he'll do something to you."

"What?" She responded. I turned around to face her. She had a look of hurt and disbelief on her face.  The warning bell rang letting us know we had a little less than a minute to get to class. Without another word, Annabelle stormed out upset but not without giving me one of her pissed off stares. I frowned. We were fighting over a guy who wasn't worth anything.

I sighed. I hated fighting with her but even the best of friends fight. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I walked out of the restroom and into the empty, wide halls of Bryton High as the final bell rang. I was late to second period but couldn't care less. I needed to give Anna a good excuse to stay away from Zeke. Maybe I can tell her that I used to date him? Hmm, that won't be believable. I'll have to come up with a lie, and it's going to have to be soon.

Once I reached the door to my English class, I slowly and dreadfully twisted the door knob. Why did we even have to take English? We already know the language and I think that's good enough. I may not pronounce some words right but that happens to everyone too.