.E M M E T T.

This is an extra little scene between Emmett and Jewels in the point of view of Emmett. This has also been edited & rewritten. Enjoy! Vote & Comment!<3

**

A million thoughts swarmed around in my mind. I had a passed out girl in my arms because of Zeke. Not to mention this is the same girl, I saved a few days ago from Zeke. Why did he want to kill her? He hasn’t been himself since we got here. I glanced down at the girl in my arms and sighed, “Who are you?”

As I walked back into school, people were staring. Lunch had ended and the halls were crowded but as soon as people saw me carrying a girl, they made room for me. At one point, I had to stop and ask where the nurse’s office was and a guy politely told me that it was the second door to the right. This school was so small that the nurse’s office wasn’t even in the main office like most schools.

Shifting the girl in my arms, I knocked on the door. The nurse opened the door and immediately ushered me inside and told me to lay the girl on the bed. I didn’t want her to leave my arms as corny as that sounds. I felt complete when she was in my arms, as odd as that sounds. She was no more than a stranger to me, yet the way she made me feel, was unlike any other feeling I’ve experienced before. I didn’t even know her name. I debated on whether or not asking the nurse for her name. At a small school like this, she was sure to know but I talked myself out it. She was a human. Maybe it was best if we remained strangers.

The nurse took the girl’s temperature and examined her before finally turning to me, “You are…?”

“Emmett Wolfe, Ma’am,” I politely replied. She smiled warmly as she gripped the clipboard, “were you there when she fainted?”

I nodded. “Can you explain to me what exactly happened?”

“Oh, sure. My so called friend was trying to kill the girl when I came right in time. I asked the girl if she was alright and she fainted. OH and did I mention I’m a wolf? BARK!” That was what I really wanted to say. Instead, I went with a simple answer. “She was out in the field when a football hit her in the head. It was my friend but everything was an accident so I ran to her and asked her if she was alright. Then, she fainted.”

The nurse nodded, “She might just have a small concussion. She probably won’t even remember that hit to the head; it’ll be a blur to her. I’ll be right back.”

Once the nurse left, the girl sat up. My full attention snapped to her. She didn’t look like she just fainted; she looked fine to me. Her gaze landed on me and her eyes widened, “what are you doing here?”

“I brought you to the nurse, can’t you see?” I replied in a 'duh' tone.