Chapter 16: We're Official.

Dedicated to DarkNiteLover for commenting and voting on all of my recent chapters. Your comments make me smile, (:

Okay, well I just wanted to clear up a few things. Brandon and Anabelle might not seem as important, but they are. I just haven't mentioned much in the past chapters, because I've been wanting you guys to focus on Jewels and Emmett. Just wanted to say that. The picture to the side is what she's wearing after the scene with Brandon. Anyways, please enjoy, vote, and comment.

TELL ME what you think, (:

 and I'll dedicate a chapter to you!

“Help me close up, will you?” Brandon asked as he looked at his watch.

I had stayed with him for a few hours; helping him with his customers and talking at the same time. It’s been a long time since Brandon and I had some quality time together. Don’t take that the wrong way, because honestly we both see each other as siblings…nothing else. Besides, he likes Annabelle and I like…Emmett?

I helped him lock the ice creams in the freezer, and shut off all the lights. In less than ten minutes, we were already outside locking the door. As Brandon locked the door, I heard footsteps behind us.

“We’re closed,” I said as I turned eyes widening in shock.

What was he doing here? Stalking me?

“Well, you heard her…we’re closed so I suggest you leave,” Brandon repeated as he got up in front of me. As if that would help, thanks to my werewolf side, I’m stronger than Brandon will ever be.

“I don’t listen to filthy humans,” Zeke spat.

“Then what do you call yourself?” Brandon retorted.

Zeke grinned letting his canines show, and I snuck a glance at Brandon. He had turned a bit pale, but still held himself together. I went around him, so we were side by side. I seemed to be in a state of shock as well. What the hell did he think he was doing? He was exposing himself to a human!

Zeke took a step forward letting his claws come out, and ‘caressed’ my cheek running his claw down it, “I’m sure Juliana over here can explain.”

I could already feel the blood coming down my cheek, and instantly my hand went to my cheek trying to stop the flow.

“I don’t get you. How can you disrespect someone like that? A GIRL? I know you guys hate each other, but you made the wrong move on placing your filthy mutant hands on my friend!”

“Brandon, “I breathed, “Don’t.”

I was too late though. Brandon was already throwing the first punch, and I’m guessing Zeke let him. Zeke just grinned at Brandon as he held his aching hand. A human can’t defeat a wolf…unless they’re professional hunters, but Brandon would’ve told me this before if were one. Either that or he’d probably be hunting me down.

Zeke looked like he was ready for a fight, but I stepped forward, “Leave, Zeke. He has nothing to do with anything, so just leave him alone.”

“I’ll leave, but I don’t let any human talk to me like that. I’m not letting him easy, and as for you…well you’re still on my ‘To Kill’ list, but I want to make a show out of you when I do. Right now, I appear to have no audience, but this human you call your friend. It’s a shame really that you haven’t told him you’re secret. Such a great friend you are.”