CHAPTER SIX.

(Lea's Pov)

The next morning arrived and I was rushed out of bed by my mother. 

"Vanessa called, she's coming to pick you up in a few minutes. Hurry up and go get dressed!" She rushed, pushing me to into the bathroom. My face scrunched up in confusion, but I did as I was told. I stripped out my pajamas and stepped into the warm shower.

It only lasted a few seconds, because I remembered I had to get going. I reluctantly stepped out the shower and dried myself clean, before stepping into a pair of jeans, black t-shirt, with some sort of logo in the middle, and lastly a black hoodie over it.

I hurried down the stairs, watching my mother fix up her makeup, as well as Mary's. 

"Are you guys coming too?" I asked, whilst putting on my sneakers. My mother paused, watching me with an arched brow.

"Of course we are." She mumbled, with a tone I couldn't quite place. I nodded, heading into the kitchen to get an apple. I took a quick bite, almost falling asleep as I sat on the counter.

"Ah, she's here! Come on!" My mother gushed, stepping outside. I rolled my eyes, linking arms with Mary and following behind her. Vanesa was standing outside a large black range rover, a welcoming smile plastered on her lips.

"So good to see you again, Michele." She greeted my mother, giving her a kiss on the cheeks, my mother doing the same back.

"Lea! How are you sweetie?" She exclaimed, coming to embrace me in a large hug. I giggled, hugging her back.

"I'm fine, Ms Vanessa. I saw you just yesterday." I chuckled. She nodded, with a grin.

"What did I tell you to call me?" She forged being angry. 

"I meant Ma." I smiled. She chuckled, pinching my cheek and her smile faltered slightly when her eyes landed on Mary. She was silent, toeing the ground with her black shoes.

"Mary...it's nice to see you again." She cleared her throat, giving a small hug to Mary. I watched as a small smile appeared on Mary's lips and she hugged her back. I could feel the eyes of my mother on me. I turned to look at her, she had an unreadable expression her lips, almost a look of warning.

I think she took mine and Vanessa's friendly relationship to be inappropriate. My smile died down after seeing her look at me like that.

"Come on, let's get going." Vanessa said, taking my arm and leading me inside. I took the seat beside her in the middle. Mary and my mother sat in the back. I didn't mind the seating situation.

"So, mind me asking, but where are we going?" I questioned, whilst getting comfortable in my seat. 

"Did your mother not tell you?" She asked, looking slightly shocked. I shook my head with a frown.

"Oh, we're going wedding dress shopping." She announced. My eyes widened at that.

"O-Oh, really?" I breathed, she nodded with a small smile.

The car ride passed with both Vanesa and I conversing with another, whilst I heard my mother whispering to my sister.

"We're here." Vanessa announced. Out of nowhere a man appeared to open her door, helping her out. I almost forgot about her wealth. I took his hand that was stretched out for me.

"Thank you." I smiled, taking my hand away. He politely nodded and went to help my mother and Mary out of the car.

"This is the same shop where I got my dress from." Vanessa told me as we talked into the large shop. It was so modern and professional looking. A lady came out of nowhere, welcoming us.